NIR news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIR news

It is with a double dose of sadness that I must stop production of the New Independent Review for health reasons. It was something I enjoyed, both editing and often writing reams of copy for an issue, but I must face the fact that it is no longer possible, at least for now. I am not very sanguine about resuming publication at a later date, but as the glib phrase implores, "never say never."

I thank all my the contributors and the many others who encouraged the new venture, especially assistant editor Velma Southerland who was a tower of strength throughout. We had some darn good articles and features and were definitely headed in the right direction.

Anyway, I better not write more at the moment about NIR, lest I get choked up. But again, thanks to all who were a part of the magazine.

Don Souden.

Sorry to hear that Don

Concentrate on your health, that's most important

I found the NIR a very interesting read and professionally produced

I hope it does return someday

Comment

Don:

Ditto to Nemo on the hopeful return of NIR and most importantly to your health improving.
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Souden View Post
        It is with a double dose of sadness that I must stop production of the New Independent Review for health reasons. It was something I enjoyed, both editing and often writing reams of copy for an issue, but I must face the fact that it is no longer possible, at least for now. I am not very sanguine about resuming publication at a later date, but as the glib phrase implores, "never say never."

I thank all my the contributors and the many others who encouraged the new venture, especially assistant editor Velma Southerland who was a tower of strength throughout. We had some darn good articles and features and were definitely headed in the right direction.

Anyway, I better not write more at the moment about NIR, lest I get choked up. But again, thanks to all who were a part of the magazine.

Don Souden.
        Hello Don

Very sorry to read this news. The best of luck to you.

Best regards

Chris
        Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
        https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
        Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

I am very shocked and saddened to hear this news, a tragedy for the Ripper field I think because not many people get to see just how much work has to go in behind the scenes to put these periodicals together.

Best of luck in recovering from your health issues, Don, and I hope you'll still remain heavily involved in the field.

Cheers,
          Adam.

Comment

My all bestest wishes, Don.

I'm sure things will get better soon.
            Best regards,
            Maria

Comment

Apologies Supe,

Just caught up on this. All my best in what I hope will be a speedy recovery.

Cheers
              Neil.

Comment

To all:

Thank you so much for your kind wishes concerning my health and the kind words about New Independent Review. More than you might imagine, I am full of hope that I may soon again be back editing and writing. Do remember, though, that a magazine is a collaborative effort and any success NIR achieved was thanks to its dedicated staff and the many wonderful contributors.

Thanks again.

Don.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Souden View Post
                  To all:

Thank you so much for your kind wishes concerning my health and the kind words about New Independent Review. More than you might imagine, I am full of hope that I may soon again be back editing and writing. Do remember, though, that a magazine is a collaborative effort and any success NIR achieved was thanks to its dedicated staff and the many wonderful contributors.

Thanks again.

Don.
                  As you know, Don, I didn't want NIR to end (or for your health to not be absolutely tip-top), and I sincerely hope the latter improves and the former returns.
                  Paul

Comment

So sorry to hear that Don. Hope you'll feel better soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X