Nick Warren and Ripperana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Warren and Ripperana

Does anyone know what became of Ripperana? I used to have a subscription but after I moved to Suffolk, I tried to resubscribe but haven't had any luck contacting Nick.
    Is he still publishing Ripperana or has it gone to an ezine format or has it gone to the great paper bin in the sky?
    Just curious.
    I wish I could have heard his talk on the post mortem on Mary Kelly and his axe info. I find medical and forensic stuff fascinating.
    Thanks

Hi Long Liz,
    As far as I know, Ripperana is alive and well, last issue I received was #67 January '09. Contact info is warren.nl@sky.com or ripperana@yahoo.co.uk. U.K. 8 per year, Overseas 15 ($25 US or 25 Euro) per year. Acceptable forms of payment are U.K., US & Euro currency notes or Sterling cheque. The address is 16 Copperfield Way, Pinner HA5 5RY.
    John

Comment

TY

Thanks John

Comment

It is indeed "The Journal Sherlock Holmes Would Have Read".

It's my favorite Ripper magazine, but one needs to understand that in many respects it stands alone in its own little genre.

I'm reminded of what Bill Graham said of the Grateful Dead. "It's not just that they're the best at what they do. It's that they're the ONLY ones at what they do."

Comment

Very, VERY well-said, Sir Robert.

Comment

I felt that Ripperana concentrated far too much on other modern crimes lifted from newspapers and the majority of its Ripper information consisted of criticisms of every other organisation, book and magazine.

Sorry to be a party pooper but there IS another side to the coin.

PHILIP
            Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd

Comment

Working...
            X