• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripperologist 166: March 2020

To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post

Has this actually been published yet?

Usually I receive an email from Adam with a link to download the issue, but I haven't this time. Is it just me?

Comment

Not just yourself Chris!
      Dave

Comment

Chris:

Adam posted the cover over on our Facebook page....I should have mentioned that he only posted the cover...the issue should be out this week.
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
          Chris:

Adam posted the cover over on our Facebook page....I should have mentioned that he only posted the cover...the issue should be out this week.

Ah, thanks. That explains it.

Comment

Check yer mail...its out now.

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Exceptional article concerning Henry Farquharson by Ms. Joanne Whyman.
              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Yes Howie I agree. The Farquharson article is a real eye-opener.

Thank you Adam for the timely, well written editorial on the pandemic of 1892.

In the accompanying visual From the Illustrated Police News note "The Late Cardinal Manning Lying in State"

At the Cardinal's bedside was Dr Raymond Gasquet, who treated Ann Druitt for 20 months from Sept 1888 to May 1890 at St George's Retreat, Sussex.

"During the night the dying Cardinal was tended with loving care and watchfulness by Bishop Vaughan, Canon Johnson and Dr. Gasquet, husband of his beloved niece Mary, daughter of Charles Manning."

From The Life of Cardinal Manning by Edmund Sheridan Purcell, 1895, Vol II, page 806

Comment

Mike wrote a strong article, and he shared a newly found quote from Inspector Andrews that was printed in the Ottawa Daily Citizen of Dec 21, 1888. The quote clearly indicated that Andrews had plans to travel to New York.

Mike briefly mentioned another newspaper article. This one came from the Dec 16, 1888 San Francisco Examiner. That article was in Roger's treasure chest, and a little over a year ago I was allowed to have it printed in the Ripperologist journal. I don't think that San Francisco article has ever appeared on the message boards, but I will post it up on another thread pretty soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X