No announcement yet.

WS Journal #24 February 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks, Jimmy, for that cracking confirmation of what the book was meant to be all about.

If I had a keyring to give as a prize for paying attention, you'd win it hands down.

And if I had another keyring to give as a prize for the most promising ripper research of 2009, Robert would get it for his invaluable help (over on t'other site) with the Sooty & Sweep "Folie A Deux" theory.

Love,

Caz
    X
    I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

Don't forget Soo !! (Jill the Ripper theory mi' dear! heeeeeeeeeeeee)
      xxx

Comment

Well, bugger. I missed that bit and also the part about not being a member of the Society, which I be. That's cool. I respect that. Might still pen one just to amuse myself. It doesn't take much these days.

Much luck to you, Brian! I've judged contest entries before and it can be daunting. Given the subject, doubly so.

Thanks for letting me know about that restriction, Caroline. I snagged on the cheque issue and didn't get much further.

TimeRover
        Last edited by TimeRover; February 19, 2009, 11:18 AM. Reason: Fat fingers

Comment

You are most welcome, Jana.

I'm sure WS1888 members are eligible - it's only those who serve on the committee who can't enter.

I have to say, I don't blame anyone for being confused over the rather unclear wording of rule #7. I'd have put it much higher on the list of rules to save the ineligible from wasting time reading any further, and I'd have worded it more simply, thus:

We regret that no entries can be accepted from published authors on JtR or from serving committee members of the WS1888.

But then, if they asked me to proofread the regular sections of the mag I'm afraid I'd have my work cut out with the old red pen and they'd get fed up with me very quickly.

Love,

Critical Caz
          X

PS Ooh I've just noticed, we are reassured at the top of the list that 'The rules are simple and straightforward...'!!! They could have fooled me!

Comment

When I saw the prize I thought "Blimey, "10000.......oh. it's 100.00"

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
              Oh yes: 'WINNING PRIZE - 100.00'.

You may now pass Go, Robert, and collect your 200.00 from the banker before landing on Whitechapel. It'll make you feel all the richer.

100 would have avoided the risk of a rather expensive decimal point typo there.

Love,

Caz
              X

Comment

JPdL tour and a at the Old Kent Rd!!!

What NO stick man!!!!!!!!

Comment

That's 33 pints of Guinness I reckon, which ain't bad.
                  Itsnotrocketsurgery

Comment

Stephen, you mean 33.00 pints, which could look even better.

Comment

Stephen, you mean 33.00 pints, which could look even better.
                      Either way, Robert, and that would keep me going for the best part of a WEEK.
                      Itsnotrocketsurgery

Comment

Excuse me Stephen and Robert...

How much is a pint of Guinness again?
                        To Join JTR Forums :
                        Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
                          Excuse me Stephen and Robert...

How much is a pint of Guinness again?
                          About 3 quid a pint in a London pub.

Rather less in Hull, I would imagine.

Come in Mikie.
                          Itsnotrocketsurgery

Comment

Dear Stephen:

Thats close to 5 bucks a pint over here !!! Good night Jesus !

You can buy 24 pints of Modela Negro for 48 bucks over here and thats just about the best beer in North America & Mexico for my money or taste.

How do you guys get smashed at those prices !!!!
                            To Join JTR Forums :
                            Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

1.80 a pint on monday nights in my local 'Spoons!
                              Jon

"It is far more comfortable to point a finger and declare someone a devil, than to call upon your imagination to try to understand their world."

http://www.jlrees.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
                                How do you guys get smashed at those prices !!!!
                                Hi Howard

That's just the cost in pubs for a proper pulled pint. In the shops you can get all the popular beers and lagers in half litre (ie almost a pint) cans at around a pound a can, so it's not all bad news.
                                Itsnotrocketsurgery

Comment

Working...
                                X