Well Done Trevor Marriott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Done Trevor Marriott

Mr. Marriott has solved the case. We can all go home now. How, turn off the light on the way out.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/...fter-125-years

In all seriousness, I think Trevor should be congratulated for the publicity he generates - he is obviously excellent at promoting his talks.

Not just this national exposure, but a wealth of reportage in local press.
    DavidGB

Comment

Originally posted by DGB View Post
      In all seriousness, I think Trevor should be congratulated for the publicity he generates - he is obviously excellent at promoting his talks.

Not just this national exposure, but a wealth of reportage in local press.
      The thing to bear in mind is that researchers and the public are too ready to believe all that is in the press. Parts of that article were not part of my interview.

Just goes to show you that no one should be to ready to believe what the papers say today or way back in 1888.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
        Mr. Marriott has solved the case. We can all go home now. How, turn off the light on the way out.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/...fter-125-years
        Well at least I am not chasing a lost cause !

Comment

I was surprised to see Black Elk mentioned as a suspect

I have been interested in Black Elk's writings about his stay in England since I discovered a location near to my home where I believe the Wild West show was performed

As far as I remember, Black Elk travelled to Germany in early 1888

There is a possibility he stayed until late in the year of 1888, but even if he was one of the indians investigated around October 1888, they were investigated and not considered suspects

I don't consider it right to attempt to link his name with the JtR crimes

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
            I was surprised to see Black Elk mentioned as a suspect

I have been interested in Black Elk's writings about his stay in England since I discovered a location near to my home where I believe the Wild West show was performed

As far as I remember, Black Elk travelled to Germany in early 1888

There is a possibility he stayed until late in the year of 1888, but even if he was one of the indians investigated around October 1888, they were investigated and not considered suspects

I don't consider it right to attempt to link his name with the JtR crimes
            Well that's the power of the press that didn't come from me

Comment

Thanks Trevor

I took it for granted you never put him forward as a suspect

I think his being mentioned in connection with JtR stems from his being featured in the "From Hell" graphic novel

I know cowboys were mentioned in the investigations, I don't recall American Indians being specifically referred to though

Buffalo Bill's show left England in early 1888, leaving Black Elk behind with two or three other Sioux

IIRC they (Black Elk at least) joined another show - I'll check on the name and known movements of that show, but I'm pretty certain Black Elk went to Germany shortly after being stranded from Buffalo Bill's show

Comment

I'll try and check the sources but this website does actually state that Black Elk was questioned...

http://westerntrips.blogspot.co.uk/2...-of-queen.html

Another interesting and somewhat humorous incident occurred after the cast of The Wild West set sail back to America. Four Lakota men were lost and missed the sailing. They then decided to go to London. This was at the time that Scotland Yard and the London police were in hot pursuit of Jack the Ripper. History reports that the authorities were targeting radicals and minorities. The four were picked up by the London police and questioned. Not being familiar with the Ripper murders, Nick Black Elk (1890's picture at right with wife and daughter) who was one of those arrested was quoted with saying " The police questioned us and let us go. They had probably blamed us with something that had happened".

Comment

I've left a comment at that website asking about the quote

I'll try and search out my copy of "Black Elk Speaks" but I don't recall the quote being in there

I'm also coming across references to Annie Oakley pretending to hunt/shoot JtR during the show which is possible as the show continued after 1888, not necessarily in England

However, there is a fictional book connecting Annie with JtR which is where I suspect that idea came from

Comment

Trevor On AOL

This link takes you to AOL's short piece featuring Trevor....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D380909

To Join JTR Forums :
                    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

I have not read Trevor's books. But I did see his TV show on YouTube. It was a professionally done show. And I thought it captured the essence of the quest for the foreign sailor suspect. Which was one of the first theories put forth back in the day and is still valid today. The denizens of the London Docks were very much in the mix. See Tom Sadler. The killer could have certainly been a sailor, foreign or domestic.

Having said that, doggone, both Trevor and the NY detective who did the James Kelly TV show made the same mistake. Trying to cash in on the gleam of The Big Apple and make the Carrie Brown connection.

WE KNOW who killed Carrie Brown. Wolf V nailed that for us, thank you kindly. It is common knowledge among people who stay up on this. And it would behoove anyone venturing into the Carrie Brown story to study up on Wolf first before taking the leap.

But as they say, the horse has left the barn.

Roy

Comment

I did notice that The Secret Police Files is now available on Kindle.
                        Any news on a non-digital version being released?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
                          I have not read Trevor's books. But I did see his TV show on YouTube. It was a professionally done show. And I thought it captured the essence of the quest for the foreign sailor suspect. Which was one of the first theories put forth back in the day and is still valid today. The denizens of the London Docks were very much in the mix. See Tom Sadler. The killer could have certainly been a sailor, foreign or domestic.

Having said that, doggone, both Trevor and the NY detective who did the James Kelly TV show made the same mistake. Trying to cash in on the gleam of The Big Apple and make the Carrie Brown connection.

WE KNOW who killed Carrie Brown. Wolf V nailed that for us, thank you kindly. It is common knowledge among people who stay up on this. And it would behoove anyone venturing into the Carrie Brown story to study up on Wolf first before taking the leap.

But as they say, the horse has left the barn.

Roy
                          Hi Roy

I agree absolutely that an unnamed sailor suspect is a very viable possibility.

However, as I have remarked before, once you are going to speak of a Prince of the Realm as being possibly Jack the Ripper, the Ripper can be anyone you want him to be.

Best regards

Chris
                          Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
                          https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
                          Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

I have Trevor's latest SB book but one thing I don't really understand. Trevor tries to make a case for Feigenbaum being possibly involved in a number of unsolved murders all over the globe over a large period of time,some cases where robbery was the obvious motive and a case where there was a suspect involved romantically with a victim but was never convicted- a global cut throat serial killer. Yet, Trevor says that there was probably no cut throat, (never mind mutilating, organ removing) serial killer at large in the small area around Whitechapel in a very narrow time frame in 1888 because cut throat murders were ten a penny!

Comment

trying to make it make sense, feeling ok?
                              "be just and fear not"

Comment

Working...
                              X