New Zealand articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zealand articles

This is from the Wellington Evening Post, Feb 22nd 1890.

Wanganui Herald 28th May 1892
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's the start of that item.
      Headline : THE END OF "JACK THE RIPPER."
      Attached Files

Comment

mmmm...picallilli!
        I've got the fardin'sworth stored on my comp Robert. Love it.

Comment

Debs, given the Irish presence in Dorset St, one wonders what the reaction would have been if a customer asked, in an Irish accent, for a farthingsworth of prunes.

Comment

I'll find the articles, How - and you transcribe them.

Evening Post 19th August 1911

Comment

Bob:

Good idea. Tonight,after we sacrifice the neighbor's goat for the great feast of Ummagumma, I'll start transcribing the articles and then deleting the posts you put up...but give you the credit for finding them...snicker,chuckle,guffaw...but maybe I'll leave the one you just put up,since its longer than the list of excuses I have for not working on my D'Onston masterpiece...which of course, it is,except that its in my noggin.

Thanks again for the help,Bob.

Did anyone notice the date of the article Robert found ? 23 years after the WM's main skein? Yow !

For Brits : Did World War One...and forgive me for sounding trite here...did it further accelerate positive changes in the East End ? I know that changes for the better came from the WM...so is this glimpse into the street life a reflection of the remaining pockets of poverty or a reflection of greater poverty and on a larger scale than maybe one would suspect still existing in the E.E. ?
              To Join JTR Forums :
              Contact [email protected]

Comment

Hi How

I don't think WW1 did much for the east end, except that women had played such a crucial role in the war, even thick politicians realised it was time to give them the vote.

Evening Post Dec 17th 1910

(After lengthy consideration, the spacious home turned out to be Poland )

Comment

Nice find Robert !!

See if you can find one with Nehrusthenia ( a glum outlook on life and lethargy cause by wearing one of those jackets !! )
                  To Join JTR Forums :
                  Contact [email protected]

Comment

The following item, from the Otago Witness 10th Sept 1896, used extensive quotes from Stephenson once the introduction was out of the way. I wonder if Stephenson got paid for this, or whether he'd already signed over all rights when he sold his work to Stead.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X