Photograph Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jean Overton Fuller

This is J.O. Fuller, a British woman who beat Cornwell to the punch,as she painted Sickert as the Ripper a DECADE prior to Cornwell.........
    Attached Files
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Comment

Laird Cregar

Folks........Here's Laird Cregar. This actor played in the 1944 film, THE LODGER...Whats really neat is that my Dad knew him,as they both grew up in the same neighborhood in Philadelphia ( Chestnut Hill ) in the early '30s.

Poor guy died trying to lose too much weight too fast.........

Jeff Bloomfield and I agree that his screen persona could take over a film ( Blood and Sand...This Gun For Hire....Hanover Square...). Its a shame that here in Philadelphia that there was never a 'retrospective" of his films, as they do for other actors.
      Attached Files
      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Ivor Novello

Here's a photo of the Welsh actor, Ivor Novello, who played in Mrs. Lowndes version of the Alfred Hitchcock 1926 adaption of THE LODGER..............

http://www.ivornovello.co.uk/
        Attached Files
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Miller's Court

Miller's Court

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

That is the best photo of Miller's Court that I have ever seen. One can see the detail in the window quite clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown
              Aleister Crowley......

Note to self: Better stay away from heroin. Look at this guy !! Oi !
              Stick with Mexican beer !

I don't know, Howard....

Sitting around in a secluded villa, conducting orgies, drinking blood, practicing black magik and getting high.....Sounds like the perfect 'retirement plan' to me!

Comment

Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
                https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
                Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Here's a rare pic I found of Christ Church- it's taken from The Collins Guide To English Parish Churches by John Betjeman (1958). Picture probably taken around 1955-6?

Regards

Stephen

Comment

Louis Reece Ltd were fruit merchants apparently.

Comment

What's wrong with this picture?

Never noticed this before...is this irony?
                      Attached Files

Comment

It's been like that for two or three years, John. Hadn't thought of the comedic value until you pointed it out, though.

PHILIP
                        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd

Comment

Philip, the photo is from '08, but I didn't think about the subliminal suggestion at the time. I was using up some b & w 35mm expired (by probably ten years!) film that happened to be in a camera of mine that had been collecting dust since the dawning of the digital age...

Comment

John,Phil...

What is the irony you guys are referring within the photo ?
                            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

How, hint: "Takeaway" ...

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
                                Folks........Here's Laird Cregar. This actor played in the 1944 film, THE LODGER...Whats really neat is that my Dad knew him,as they both grew up in the same neighborhood in Philadelphia ( Chestnut Hill ) in the early '30s.

Poor guy died trying to lose too much weight too fast.........
                                Hi Howard

Probably from 'diet pills'. He should have stuck to salads.

Did you know he travelled on the other bus?
                                Itsnotrocketsurgery

Comment

Working...
                                X