Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**Murder Casebook 5th November, 2013**

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Nemo View Post
    Has anyone any idea what the Belcher / Williams connection is?

    Those people don't appear on a cursory search of genealogical sites
    I did find the marriage listed in 1884 Marylebone and a couple of census entries but have no idea what the story or significance of these people is.
    It seems to be being suggested that the family used two different surnames and that this is important to the story?

    Comment


    • #17
      It seems so Deb

      The significance appears to be the birth of the daughter in 1886

      I hope it's not a connection somehow between Mary Kelly and John Williams - lol

      Comment


      • #18
        More info here:

        http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/439...ack-The-Ripper
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

        "Suche Nullen"
        (F. Nietzsche)

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
          I guess a few people will already know about this but it's new to me-
          I just saw an advert for a new series of Fred Dinage's Murder casebook on the Crime Investigation channel and the first episode on November 5th deals with the Ripper:

          http://www.crimeandinvestigation.co....-episodes.html

          I really like this series and am looking forward to this one!
          I noticed in the advert that a forensic artist is involved in the program-does that suggest an MJK facial re-consrtuction I wonder? I also spotted some family tree tables for what looks like a young girl born in 1888 to a man with two different names? Can't wait to see what it's all about!
          The gentleman who has worked on the reconstructions has been in touch with me, he has sent me the images of some of the reconstructions, and a digital copy of the book. We met through my blog and have become very good friends, I have yet to read the book, but have heard some of the material that has gone into it and they appear to have actually carried out research into the case, rather than just tack on a chapter at the end of a book. Sadly, I am not allowed to disclose what I have read/heard/or seen, but I did read an article about the case this morning in the Sunday newspapers, and I am looking forward to watching the show.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
            The gentleman who has worked on the reconstructions has been in touch with me, he has sent me the images of some of the reconstructions, and a digital copy of the book. We met through my blog and have become very good friends, I have yet to read the book, but have heard some of the material that has gone into it and they appear to have actually carried out research into the case, rather than just tack on a chapter at the end of a book. Sadly, I am not allowed to disclose what I have read/heard/or seen, but I did read an article about the case this morning in the Sunday newspapers, and I am looking forward to watching the show.
            I will have to guess what the reconstructions are then! lol
            My guess is facial reconstructions of MJK (as I guessed in my first post)and Eddowes. I only add Eddowes because you said 'reconstructions' plural.

            Comment


            • #21
              Thanks Sam

              It sounds like Belcher is considered to be the killer of Jane Beardmore at Gateshead and one other

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                Thanks Sam

                It sounds like Belcher is considered to be the killer of Jane Beardmore at Gateshead and one other
                Ah, yes. It's all beginning to make sense now.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Same story here: link

                  And it would seem to all tie in with an earlier post I made concerning a new book. thread here
                  DavidGB

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by DGB View Post
                    Same story here: link

                    And it would seem to all tie in with an earlier post I made concerning a new book. thread here
                    That is just horrible.
                    I remember that link Dave.I thought it was some kind of sick joke at the time (not yours)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I remember the picture - stupid I thought

                      I see Mr Kirtlan jointly authored this book with Dianne Bainbridge who has also attempted to recreate the Ripper victims in life through "artwork"

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Do you think it wasn't a girl but John Gill that is the supposed 7 year old victim?

                        I don't really get the sequence of events here - did this man change his name and go to Hartlepool to distance himself from the Ripper crimes and kill Jane Beardmore and then return to London to kill Stride/Eddowes/Kelly?

                        Is it me or is there in recent times a proliferation of people who think it worthwhile to associate themselves via family with famous murderers for their 15 mins of fame?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Is it me or is there in recent times a proliferation of people who think it worthwhile to associate themselves via family with famous murderers for their 15 mins of fame?
                          -Nemo-
                          I agree, Nemo....
                          To Join JTR Forums :
                          Contact [email protected]

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            If that Annie Chapman picture truly represents the work of a professional forensic artist, presented on prime time TV, then I think we have hit rock bottom. I feel embarrassed.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              These are already in the public domain and hopefully represent the real quality of the artistic reconstruction work, rather than the ridiculous one of a goggle eyed Annie Chapman that must be a bad joke?. Left is Eddowes and right is Tabram:

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I thought it was Cilla Black!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X