Barlow and Watt 'The Highest in the Land' & Cleveland Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barlow and Watt 'The Highest in the Land' & Cleveland Street

I've only just watched this series all the way through for the first time and watched episode six last night.

Near the end of the last episode, Barlow talks about how he followed his own line of inquiry with the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions in regard to Abberline, and was shown the Cleveland Street Scandal file with some papers removed from it, as confirmed by the clerk he was dealing with. I read on a Casebook article ('Taken in For Questioning - Barlow and Watt Revisited' by Andy Aliffe) that this actually happened to a BBC researcher in the making of the series.

Has anyone tried following up on this in the decades since? Have all the Cleveland Street files been released yet?

Just so it's been said, I'm not a believer in the Royal Conspiracy, but this just seemed a little too coincidental that a researching looking into Abberline for a Ripper program was denied access to certain official papers.

I still think the highest in the land was Flemming.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
      I still think the highest in the land was Flemming.
      Alexander, Ian or Bob?

Comment

Matt:

Try Joseph.

Bob is referring to a paramoro....paramamo...panaorma....male acquaintance of Mary Kelly's.
        To Join JTR Forums :
        Contact [email protected]

Comment

Oh, of course. Oops! Apologies!

Comment

Just another coincidence Mary Kelly from Wales was living in 3 Cleveland street in 1871...
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X