X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montague Jack Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTwjaByUgNk

Who said Druitt didn't do it?

A Druitt-as-Jack movie is long, long, long overdue.

Echoes of the real fiend -- at least for Macnaghten -- can be found in 'The Lodger' [though he rejected this] in 'Time After Time', and in 'Dressed to Kill'.

I applaud the enthusiasts who have made a movie without the backing of a major company.

They seem to have gone for the Crawford Letter, rather than the Tory MP, because it gives them a familial link to the police -- and perhaps it redacts Druitt back into the 1888 investigation.

I find this understandable from a dramatic point of view; if he's long dead where is the suspense?

Yet historically it perpetuates the Sims paradigm which both Littlechild and Macnaghten debunked, just before the Great War.

Of course, I could be misreading the trailer but it seems to be about Emily and Anderson as the family-police link.

Comment

What is so terribly hard about spelling the victims' names correctly?

Love,

Caz
      X
      I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

I just caught up with this thread; I added a link to Emily and the Bibliophile: A Possible Source for Macnaghten's Private Information by
        Stephen on the main Druitt thread !

Originally posted by Jonathan Hainsworth View Post

They seem to have gone for the Crawford Letter, rather than the Tory MP, because it gives them a familial link to the police -- and perhaps it redacts Druitt back into the 1888 investigation.

Of course, I could be misreading the trailer but it seems to be about Emily and Anderson as the family-police link.

Comment

Seriously, I hear you. You would think that these names ain't like Slavic or Georgian or even Uzbekian surnames. Nichols,Chapman and the one other one I can spell would be easy even for say, a Texan, to spell.
          To Join JTR Forums :
          Contact [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline Morris View Post

Love,

Caz
            X
            Good point, Carolyn.

It's interesting to note that both Nichols (Nicholls), and Eddowes' (Eddows) grave markers are misspelled.

Cheers,

Robbert

Comment

I just saw the trailer for a the first time.

For an "amateur" production, it at least looks good.
              "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

Review

Jennifer Shelden reviewed the documentary in Casebook Examiner 5 (December 2010) and rather liked it, giving it three stars out of five.

Don.

Comment

Working...
                X