Paul Colwell's 'The Real Jack The Ripper' Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Colwell's 'The Real Jack The Ripper' Site

I know we have another link on the boards connecting to Paul's fine effort...but it may have been a while since people have visited.

http://www.therealjacktheripper.com/
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Last time I looked, the site was based around the flawed an unacceptable FBI profile, if I remember correctly.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Yep, still is. And he's pimping the equally flawed Rumbelow book. Based on first looks, I would recommend the site to anyone interested in Ripperology circa 1992. I like the 'new writing on the wall' motif for news items. Clever that. Perhaps I'll read through it later. I'm expecting him to say Stride was killed with a small, dull knife, different from Eddowes. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

TC:
        He's added an article ( I don't remember if it was there before) from Richard Jones....
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Disappointing

Yep, he points the finger at Michael Kidney for Stride.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Despite Kidney appearing in court with that moustache.
            Oh well, Tom...i
            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
              Despite Kidney appearing in court with that moustache.
              Oh well, Tom...i
              Not to mention all the other evidence that excludes him. Anyway, as I said, this site represents a time capsule that captures Ripperology at some point in the 90s. I'd say most Ripperologists are still stuck there.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tom:
                I don't think Paul is 'stuck' in the 1990's....some folks may be, but I really doubt if Paul is.
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                  Anyway, as I said, this site represents a time capsule that captures Ripperology at some point in the 90s. I'd say most Ripperologists are still stuck there.
                  So, is it a worthwhile site to peruse on in 2014 Tom?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Grice View Post
                    So, is it a worthwhile site to peruse on in 2014 Tom?
                    I haven't been through the whole site yet. The old FBI profile that it's based on is not something that should be taken seriously in studying the case or identifying the Ripper, and a quick glance at the Stride section does not represent current thought on the matter. But Colwell put a lot of work into his site, so I commend him for that and would not suggest anyone avoid it. He's clearly a fan of old school Ripperology as I'm certain many others are. Should it be considered a reliable current source of information? Absolutely not, but I don't get the impression it's intended to be.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                      I haven't been through the whole site yet. The old FBI profile that it's based on is not something that should be taken seriously in studying the case or identifying the Ripper, and a quick glance at the Stride section does not represent current thought on the matter. But Colwell put a lot of work into his site, so I commend him for that and would not suggest anyone avoid it. He's clearly a fan of old school Ripperology as I'm certain many others are. Should it be considered a reliable current source of information? Absolutely not, but I don't get the impression it's intended to be.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                      Thank-You very much Tom, for your opinion

Comment

Working...
                      X