The Most Intriguing Mysteries - The Members Speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Intriguing Mysteries - The Members Speak

Excluding the identity of the Ripper...which mysteries intrigue you the most ?
    Some of these may not be mysteries to you...you may feel you already possess enough information to present a solid argument that said mystery isn't a mystery any longer.

If you can think of other mysteries...I'm sure you can....please tell us in your post...I'm hoping you will.

Multiple choice poll, folks...vote as often as you want.

Thank you.
    Who wrote the Dear Boss letter....
    6.06%
    Is Donald Swanson's marginalia based on first hand, on site, experience
    9.09%
    The number of bona fide attributable victims ( from 1888 only )
    9.09%
    Did more than one killer eviscerate at least one of the victims
    6.06%
    The identity of Mary Kelly
    24.24%
    Are the Lusk letter & kidney bona fide
    9.09%
    What exactly did Macnaghten know about Druitt
    12.12%
    Other
    24.24%
    To Join JTR Forums, Contact :
    Howard@jtrforums.com

one mystery

Hello Howard. Thanks for starting this poll.

"Some of these may not be mysteries to you...you may feel you already possess enough information to present a solid argument that said mystery isn't a mystery any longer."

Indeed. But the true identity of "MJK" abides a mystery. Thus I voted.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

I think possible keys to solving the mystery might be found in, who was MJK, and what did MacNaughten know about Druitt. Looks like we can select more than one so I selected both.
      The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Re Druitt, I want to know why he killed himself plus what did his note to William say etc.

Who was George Hutchinson?

TOD for MJK.

Photos of women while they were alive (excluding Chapman) plus Abberline.

The question about someone else eviscerating one of the women is slightly off-centre, since someone may believe that Stride was a non-JTR victim - but she wasn't eviscerated.

Comment

Who was the "hot potato" suspect?

Comment

The future King Edward.

Comment

Eh! I chose other.

The Dear Boss letter, probably was never written by Jack The Ripper.

The Swanson Marginalia, probably a mix of first hand knowledge, deduction and guess work.

The number of bona fide victims, may or may not include Stride and Kelly.

Did more than one killer eviscerate at least one of the victims, unless you exclude Stride and Kelly, then no it was probably just one man or a gang.

The identity of Mary Kelly, if you ever knew someone who lived in an alcoholic fantasy, truth is just non-existent to them.

The Lusk letter and kidney, probably a medical school prank.

What exactly did Macnaghten know about Druitt, I don't find Macnaghten all that credible or competent.

Other - Who was Jack the Ripper? (oops excluding) so then its why weren't these poor victims cared for?

Its just my simple minded take on it all.

Comment

Anna Morris - that's a hideous looking doll.

Comment

Scott: You don't appreciate fine art? The doll is Walter Sickert's portrait of Cicely Hey.

I'm up to my eyeballs in the latest search for MJK which seems to involve Sickert once again. As in his portraits of Mrs. Barrett=MJK. I was going to use Mrs. Barrett but the teeth on this one reminded me of the report MJK had two protruding front teeth. I figure it's good for conversation.

It's an unsettling picture for some reason, but the subject was a real woman. I cropped the chest and hands for size. Maybe that's why the face is so intense.
                  The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Originally posted by admin tim View Post
                    Who was the "hot potato" suspect?
                    Spudachenko
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                    (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Gareth:
                      Maybe the hot potato suspect will have a book written about him by...oh,um, lemme see...how about Russet Edwards ?
                      To Join JTR Forums, Contact :
                      Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                        Maybe the hot potato suspect will have a book written about him by...oh,um, lemme see...how about Russet Edwards ?
                        Too late, How. The definitive memo on Spudachenko remains that of Nideroast (which was actually ghost-written by Leonard Fritters).
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                        (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

I'm with Joan on this one.
                          Best Wishes,
                          Cris Malone

Comment

Other: Why did he stop?
                            Was he killed, did he find Jesus?
                            We all know it's very unusual for a serial killer to just up and stop killing especially since he was making fools of the cops. I think he was a very violent thug who got a taste for killing, probably started by beating up prostitutes and it progressed. As he was of a violent nature (obviously) he got into some serious trouble, fighting, robbing whatever and ended up inside. Killings stop suddenly. There he may have succumbed to either disease or more likely a knife in the back. Either way I think he died. No more killings.
                            Just a theory.

Comment

George Chipman.
                              I bet your Ripper feels better now.

Comment

Working...
                              X