Poll : Your View On the Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll : Your View On the Museum

August 5, 2015.....your opinion regarding the Jack The Ripper Museum.

5 choices... but not a multiple choice answer.

Thank you.
    Good Idea, wish them well regardless of the backlash
    44.44%
    Good idea, but the deception has stained it
    11.11%
    Not Sure At This Point In Time
    11.11%
    Bad Idea, even before the switch in mid-stream
    16.67%
    Bad idea, after I learned that the original plan was for something else
    16.67%
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

I wish them well despite the backlash because what I have been reading sounds like groups who want to regulate speech and expression want to squelch the museum. The museum may be tacky or a tourist trap, bur let it open its doors and see how the public receives it.

There are entirely too many groups in the US who try to silence what does not fit their agenda and that is a dangerous thing. It sounds like similar groups in the UK are opposing the museum.

JtR has been the phantom bogey man since the autumn of 1888. In some ways he is no different from anything else in the horror genre. On the other hand he was the first widely known serial killer and society has tried to learn about serial killers for the good of society. At this point I am not sure the studies have done much to prevent them but may have helped law enforcement better catch them.
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

I wish them well despite everything - but I thought I'd be the only one and get a backlash as a result...

Comment

I've only been made aware of this recently, so I've gone with not sure for now but I agree with what Anna has written. Clearly there's some controversy surrounding it but from a tourist perspective only, it must be a good thing. Besides, you can't do anything these days without somebody getting upset about it.

Cheers,
        Adam.

Comment

Just like Adam said: You can't do anything these days without someone getting upset about it.

On the surface it is made to appear that there are groups who want to make the world a better place, but we see in politics all the time, the indignation is selective. The various trouble makers use certain topics to focus attention to themselves for political or financial gain while ignoring other things worse than what they are protesting. I will spare the reader any examples.
          The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Hi Anna,

Very well said - evidently the US suffers from the same "selective indignation" as Australia does. Like you, I will spare the examples, save to say that one doesn't have to look very far into recent events to see it.

As for the museum, from the photos I've seen of the interior so far it strikes me as being as much a souvenir shop as anything else, so it will be interesting to see what future visitors will have to say about the actual content.

Cheers,
            Adam.

Comment

Good Idea, wish them well regardless of the backlash.

Comment

Working...
              X