So Who WAS Jack the Ripper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Who WAS Jack the Ripper?

Broadly speaking, Jack the Ripper would have been one of seven types of suspects. Which of these is the most likely in your humble opinion? If you have any reasons for thinking thus, we would love to hear them.
    One of the top known suspects (e.g., Tumblety)
    22.45%
    One of the lesser known suspects (e.g., Bury)
    18.37%
    One of the preposterous suspects (e.g., Carroll)
    0.00%
    One of the well-known contemporary figures who has never been suspected (e.g., A. C. Doyle)
    0.00%
    One of the minor contemporary figures who has never been suspected (e.g., McCarthy)
    6.12%
    Some contemporary figure who would otherwise never be suspected (e.g., Abberline)
    2.04%
    A completely unknown suspect who has never been named or identified
    51.02%

Tim...

You know....I have a feeling that RDS just had to be our boy,but dammit...people keep popping up all the time in my mind who look [ and sometimes more than one guy,like maybe two..] real good.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

I voted for the last one...

Comment

Cutbush !

Comment

Tim...

You know....I have a feeling that RDS just had to be our boy,but dammit...people keep popping up all the time in my mind who look [ and sometimes more than one guy,like maybe two..] real good
          .--Village Idiot, from a 2006 post that was incorrectly phrased.

The word have in red should be "had"...and it certainly isn't applicable to the latest version of this here Village Idiot

My current interest is Broad Shoulders Man, because I do not think the Ripper was as concerned with the risks we assume one would be concerned with in similar circumstances.

Bob:

Cutbush?

If you are serious and with all due respect...is it for the implications that a cover-up occurred...... or because he seems to fit the bill as a legitimate suspect without the covert,black op,clandestine,hush hush,hot potato stuff ?

Gimme an answer brudda.
          To Join JTR Forums :
          Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Still after all these years I have to go with Unknown Local Guy.

Comment

"Voters: 23. You have already voted on this poll"

Well, that's what comes of voting in a thread that has been around here for three years.

"But, your Honour, I am not the same man I was three years ago."
              Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
              https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
              Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

I voted for "one of the top known suspects"--if Cohen/Kominsky/whoever fits into that category!

Then again, it could be some poor unknown soul whose name has never come up.

I am inclined to think it was someone with a very serious mental disturbance--he had to be crazy (IMHO) to commit such horrible mutilations, esp. with Mary Kelly.

I mean, seriously--can anyone imagine a sane person doing what was done to Mary Jane Kelly?!
                Last edited by Mrs.Fiddymont; June 5, 2009, 02:35 PM. Reason: misquote!

Comment

Hi Mrs Fiddymont, I agree with you that someone had to be insane to do that to Kelly, but Im also torn to the view that he had to be fairly clever and sane to get away with it and be so cunning and not get caught...serial killers have normal or bright IQ's apparantly...

Comment

One of the lesser known suspects.
                    Joseph Barnett
                    James Kelly
                    David Cohen

Comment

Working...
                    X