No announcement yet.

Jack The Ripper...Why Not Gay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, CBell, it's come up from time to time, best I can tell.

Comment

Hi C!

Do you have any books where its mentioned? I have quite a few on JTR, and if we had the same I could check it out...thanks

I just dont think its possible, I mean why????? Was he killing the women who gave his 'boyfriends' STD's or something?
      I thought it was shown from statistics that homosexual killers normally murdered their own sex.

Comment

Hello CBell,

I was speaking in general. It's been argued on the boards from time to time. Off the top of my head, I don't remember very much discussion of it in my books either. The general attitude seems to have been that it wasn't the norm for gay serial killers to kill women. There's Tumblety of course. It comes up in regards to him.

I don't think JTR was gay either. I could go for the asexual aspect more than a homosexual one.

At this distance in time, it's not provable what the motives were, so some people tend to be cautious about leaping to say it's impossible, even though they may believe it's not likely he was gay. It's the lack of proof.

Comment

I dont know much about Tumblety, was he gay?

Comment

Originally posted by Currerbell View Post
            I cant believe these results still, I dont think Ive read anywhere that he was potentially gay!
            The Diary of Jack the Ripper : Another Chapter by James Stettler posits Michael Maybrick as a gay or bisexual Ripper.

http://www.13millerscourt.com/index2.htm

Comment

Thanks Sir Robert, is this a new book that has just been published?

Comment

Thanks Sir Robert, is this a new book that has just been published?
                Indeed it is !

I hope to review it by next week.

Comment

Will you put your review on here for us to read?

Comment

Will you put your review on here for us to read?
                    Of course ! I've started a thread for the book, which is self published and "interesting". I intend to be gentle, but I suspect I will be alone in the end zone on this.

Comment

Not necessarily my friend...everyone is different...I look forward to reading it...

Comment

I just do not see our Jack as being gay. Asexual, maybe (well, unless you consider penetration-of-bodily-organs-by-knife "sex", but I think that's kind of stretching the definition!). Sexually confused? Probably--I think this guy was confused about a lot of things, including sex.

But it's surpassingly rare (from what I've read) for a gay serial killer to target members of the opposite sex. Look, for example, at John Wayne Gacy and Jeffrey Dahmer. Both these men were gay, and their victims were invariably male. Hetero serial killers almost invariably target women. And if there is one thing we can be almost certain of with Jack (never say never!), it's that all his victims were female.

For sure, Jack hated and resented--maybe even feared--women.

But gay? I think not! (And hey--you know I'm always right!)

Comment

Grunch: Only heterosexual men hate women enough to kill them for sport. Noted gay serial killers Brian Nilsson and Jeffrey Dahmer only ever killed fellow gay men - not even straight men. I think it must have something to do with the love/hate relationships men have with the objects of their desire.

Jack was a heterosexual.

Comment

Oh No,No,No.

Say it ain't so!
                            SPERO IN DEO

Comment

Working...
                            X