Site Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Content

I can't help but notice the appearance of some criticism concerning site content. Much as we'd like to have all ripper-relevant content, it just isn't practical, and besides, one of my mottoes is that 'All JACK and no play makes a dull boy'.

Yet, vox populi, vox dei in this game, so tell us of YOUR preferences and we'll try to go from there.

You may vote for more than one choice in this poll.
    Nothing but ripper-related content
    8.33%
    Nothing but ripper-related and ripper-relevant content
    2.78%
    Nothing but ripper-related, ripper-relevant, and Victorian content
    2.78%
    More ripper-related content
    5.56%
    Less non-ripper-related content
    5.56%
    More Victoriana
    2.78%
    Less of admin tim's posts that annoy Howard
    0.00%
    More games, puzzles, contests, and so forth
    5.56%
    Fewer games, puzzles, contests, and so forth
    5.56%
    It's fine as it is - don't change anything
    61.11%

WHERE are all the voters?

Comment

I voted for more games. I think that might be because recently I find it very hard to keep up with all the more serious threads as the site is so busy.

I'm missing the newspaper funnies thread which seemed to be very popular at one time then I think I was the only one interested at the end.

At the moment, I don't have 'writers thread' withdrawal symptoms but feel that might come on before long.

Also, has there ever been an INTERVIEW THE NEXT POSTER game? Where one of you asks a question and the next person answers it. Then sets their own question. It's usually about personal things but can be about anything. I really like playing that.

Comment

Originally posted by WRITEFX View Post
        Also, has there ever been an INTERVIEW THE NEXT POSTER game? Where one of you asks a question and the next person answers it. Then sets their own question. It's usually about personal things but can be about anything. I really like playing that.

That sounds like a good idea, perhaps we can get the ball rolling at some point.

Comment

Fine as is for me.

Comment

Thanks for the replies to this poll,folks.

It was always in the back of my mind when Tim and I started this site up to focus on not only Ripperology, The LVP,Victoriana, but the people who are and will be members in the future....and the sort of things that we all have in common which might encourage projects,cameraderie and the like.

It seems to have worked for the most part...and everyone here from A.P. Wolf on down to the newest member,Gristle...and even newbies like Fido and Begg are responsible for its success. Despite being the prettiest face in Ripperology, that wasn't or isn't enough to make the site as good as it has become. It took all of its members to do that.
            To Join JTR Forums :
            Contact [email protected]

Comment

I think the site is fine, but I did vote for more puzzles etc. I miss cracking your codes, How.

Comment

The site is fine. Just needs to grow at it's natural pace.

Cracking his codes? That's gotta hurt.

Comment

I always consider message boards to be a meeting place for people with similar interests. In real life, you ride a motorbike, you always have something to talk about and people who want to talk to you. It's a way of breaking the ice and starting chatting, but that doesn't mean all the chatting has to be bike-related (to continue the biker similie).

Rather like my Mom found having a dog to walk meant she met more people when my parents moved 200 miles last year. It gave people a reason to speak to her.

So I like message boards where you talk about absolutely everything and everything, but you are dealing with a circle of people who share similar interests, and therefore similar references. 'Chat' is a very important part of building an online community. Admittedly, there will always be members who complain about the amount of chat, or that chat exists at all. But then you can't please all the people all of the time.

Comment

Comment

status quo

Hello Tim. Thanks for bumping.

I'm a status quo sort of chap.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

I'm more than happy with the site. If I HAD to pick a problem, I'd say it can be hard to navigate. Sometimes I send some time trying to find things. That said I'm more than happy to echo Lynn's sentiments.
                        Rocking all over the world!
                        Thanks for your time,
                        dusty miller

Comment

Working...
                        X