Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would the Average Citizen Have Done if He Had Interrupted JTR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would the Average Citizen Have Done if He Had Interrupted JTR?

And it well could have happened in that backyard at Hanbury Street or that dark corner in Mitre Square. Had your typical east ender caught JTR in the act (i.e., red-handed), what would he most likely have done?
    Flee for his own life - Migawd, it's the Ripper!!
    25.00%
    Give chase - think of the reward, man, not to mention the chicks.
    18.75%
    Study the man and try to get a good identification for the police.
    6.25%
    Pretend to faint and hope he didn't come any closer.
    0.00%
    Try to hide somewhere in a hurry.
    0.00%
    Stand where he was and yell for help.
    25.00%
    Just pass on by and not get involved, Like Noo Yawkhas do.
    0.00%
    Freeze with surprise and inaction.
    18.75%
    Rush to the aid of the fallen woman.
    0.00%
    None of the above.
    6.25%

Probably set a new land speed record by running 100 meters in 5 seconds.....What a sight that would have been to come up on.....at that time....in the dark....all alone....
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

My theory is that JTR went prepared for such an event and he probably carried a pistol (legal then, cheap, and easy to carry and conceal) to use on the male of the species if need be. Really, why would he not do so since he was otherwise taking such terrific risks?

Comment

Tim.......I concur. My suspect,D'onston, undoubtedly would have been prepared and then some....He would have packed a handgun for any interruptions.....Since the organs were the motive, and the necessary distances to establish the Vesica Pisces were at stake, Stephenson,not being just a spontaneous,first come first served,killer was more conscious of the risk than the aforementioned disorganized type. This is a really good question,Tim. It directs our attention to the fact that Stephenson,if most of the posters here are in his corner,was an organized killer. I find the belief he was disorganized( posters at other sites and professional profilers included(Ressler,for example) is simply wrong. Just taking into account the effort in aligning the kill sites,the organ removal,etc...shows me that he was extremely focused..........Definitely not someone we would want to bump into while he was at work.
        To Join JTR Forums :
        Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

I think he would have vomited on his own shoes almost immediately before passing out and/or performing an act of auto-urination.
          "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

you missed an option - 'possibly any of the above' - given the huge variety of people who could possibly have come across Jack in mid-act.

That said, I have gone for 'Freeze with surprise and inaction'
            Tel
            Lacerta es reptiles quisnam mos non exsisto accuso nusquam

Comment

Working...
            X