Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Case Ever Be Definitively Solved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Case Ever Be Definitively Solved?

What are the odds of the case being solved? One in a million? A billion? A trillion? Higher yet? What do our readers think?

Odds of incredible events are very high, but they DO happen nonetheless.
    One in 1000
    33.33%
    One in 10 thousand
    4.76%
    One in a million
    4.76%
    One in 10 million
    0.00%
    One in 100 million
    0.00%
    One in a billion
    0.00%
    One in 10 billion
    9.52%
    One in 100 billion
    4.76%
    One in a trillion
    4.76%
    One in 10 trillion
    9.52%
    One in 100 trillion
    0.00%
    No odds can adequately express how remote this possibility is.
    28.57%

Do I have to show you EVERYTHING ?

Au contraire,mon frere !!!

The odds ain't got nothing to do with it.

The list of possible motives have not been exhausted,in my never humble opinion !

Nobody really examined the Jacobite theory of Dave Knott....Ivor's occult theory....Patterson's Francis Thompson suspect.....until recently.

Look at some of the ideas you yourself have come up with. Some are contemporary and not old canards.

You gots to be like Adam Clayton Powell,my man...."Keep the Faith,baby !!!"
    To Join JTR Forums, Contact :
    Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

I can't imagine a scenario in which we would all agree on a solution.

Comment

Maria:

You're probably right. Back then,I was so filled with enthusiasm [ see the preceding post to yours ] that I really thought it could be done. But...ya never know.

Somewhere....in the attic of .............there sits a document.....or artifact....

Still keeping the faith,baby.
        Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Those are odds I cant vote for. I have a feeling that that we may get a resolution albeit one not without contraversity. One of the problems is that alot of folks read one book and become a "rooter" for that suspect. It becomes their home team. Ive had alot of favorite suspects, and BTW Francis Thompson is a good one but not for the reasons Richard Patterson gives. Ive exchanged emails with Mr. Patterson a few years ago and I find that the lynchpin for Thompsons inclusion is the discription of the suspect as related by Sgt Stephen White. He nails down a discription of a suspect that could only be Thompson. I have other favorites as well but then I'm not a "rooter". Oh, "GO STEELERS!"

Comment

After looking at my last post I realize I was just typing too fast too get my point across. Richard Patterson is really a nice guy. His reasons for the Thompson Lay wholey within the poetry of Thompson. Alot of ripperolgists have dised Whites description of the night because of the geographical details that dont match up with the crime scene. Ok, Im shooting from the hip here but I think White related this in 1919 shortly before his death. I can get screwed up on details after one or two years let alone 30. For this reason I look at Sgt Whites story as having some validity. As far as finding things in Thompsons poetry...well I cant follow it. Ok, my favorite poet was Percy Dovetonsalls...you got to be a 50's guy to get that one..

Comment

Hi all!

Well, 1 in 10 billion is my vote. In other words, there is basically no chance of the case ever being definitely solved to a level that everyone is going to be satisfied with, but it isn't completely, absolutely, entirely impossible altogether.

After all, countless people have been claiming that they have definitely solved the case for 117 years now, and it doesn't show any signs of slowing off. Perhaps there is a slim possibility that amidst all the theories that have gone out the window in the past, there is one, or one will appear in the future, that just happens to "work".

But that is a very optimistic view - I don't think we'll see a satisfactory solution to the case that everyone agrees on for a very long time, if ever.

Then again, if we did, it'd spoil what has become a very good mystery, wouldn't it?
              Perhaps this is one case which should remain unsolved, something which can forever beg the infectious question - "Whodunnit?"

Regards,
              Adam.

Comment

I believe it has been solved, yet people cling to their beliefs versus accepting logic. If the case is solved, what will some people do then? This is my opinion of some of the logic behind stating the case will never be solved. It is not a popular thought or opinion, but then again, happy piano players play the circus (that means unpopular thought promotes change and makes a difference).

STAN

Comment

Stan.

Maybe a brief outline of why you have the feeling it has been solved is in order here...

Thanks
                  Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Look Closer

The key here is the phrase 'definitively solved'. A solution that would be accepted by anyone and everyone who has ever studied the case, from the most rabid Cornwell partisan to the most hopeless diary apologist.

For further expression of your views and opinions on this subject, be sure to check out the other poll on how you would feel IF the case were to be definitively solved.

Comment

well if you stick to semantics, then solved means definately solved. But if definately solved means accepted by all, then no odds can express how remote this is. The key here is that, not that it cannot be solved, but that so many people have flocked to this case to fill an empty void in their own lives, and this does not mean everyone, that the mere thought of a solution makes them cringe. Posts have come in on the other casebook, to the effect of "what will we ever do if it is solved".

In my opinion, this has turned from an unsolved murder case, into a bingo parlor hoedown/meet and greet, for some. For others, there is hope, albeit not great hope. I only can believe that the general opinion on the solvability of this case is reflecting the way the case has progressed since it went from 'JTR' murders a number of women to 'Jacky's ripping fun time jamboree'.

Comment

Working...
                      X