When The Killer Exited Berner Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
    Thanks for giving that consideration a thought,Cel...

I would tend to doubt it,since I feel that BS Man was the Ripper and that he killed Eddowes and did his little chalk stuff and then headed for home.

But for those who don't think at all like yours truly...what do you think about Stride's killer coming back to gawk with the local yokels that night?
    Hi How,

Re: chalked writing, I'm sure everyone is familiar with
    Ripperology
    Jack the Ripper and the Victorian East
    The Best of Ripperologist magazine
    I refer to "Eddowes' Apron" by Paul Begg, pages 14-19 (but pages 16-17 in particular).

I would say that Paul makes a pretty decent argument for the chalked writing being written by someone other than JTR.

(just my tu'pence worth.)

Dave

Comment

Hi Guys,

My stance is fairly obvious, I think, but I agree with Magpie, Sam, and Sandra.

Bachelor of Science Dude (BS man ha ha), or as I'm used to, Schwartz's first man hoofed it out prior Diemschutz and then probably went home with heart pounding, etc. Although on finding out on Monday that his act was attributed to JTR, no doubt he was very relieved, indeed.

Dave

Comment

Thats what I love about Mr. Begg....that he can argue for or against an idea and yet tolerate a challenge without walking off the playing court.

He was the one who inspired me to do my little tests with chalk 4 years ago....and along with Mr. Sugden, who gives the GSG a nod to the affirmative ( Ain't he a smart man?)...Mr. B's suggestions along with my views of Halse's efforts in the face of Met protocol and his statement that the G was "fresh" convinced me then as now that the G is some sort of disjointed attempt at communication with the police.

Not everyone subscribes to the Rip, but they should...and the book, Ripperology, by the Rip staff, is an excellent compilation of stories on Case aspects.
        To Join JTR Forums :
        Contact [email protected]

Comment

Howard,

I should have mentioned that I opted for choice 3. Although BS man's drunken condition led me to speculate on what he might have done after he killed her. His behavior was already weird prior to the attack, almost as if he were hallucinating. Depending on how the alcohol was effecting him, he could have gone home, or not.

I see no reason not to give the police the benefit of the doubt. Kidney was an after-thought, in that last post, because I couldn't conjure up a passage in anything I've read that said he and Schwartz actually came face to face.

Comment

Cellie:

If I had a list of options...well,I do...so here goes.

1. To me, from reading Dave Yost's new book...I'd bet heavily on BSMan being the killer.

2. To me...and I'm sort of in the minority on this I suppose...BSMan was the Ripper.

However...if BSman was the killer & yet was NOT Jack the Ripper.....the near to absolute last man I'd think JTR was would be Kidney....because I firmly feel he was scrutinized without whatever was scrutinized being made public.

I still think many of us presume JTR was an individual who used stealth to kill the prostitutes. I don't...but I respect their opinions.
            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Just to clarify: I don't necessarily think a non-Ripper killer was in Dutfield's yard with Stride either. I tend to believe that there's a possibility that Stride died alone in Dutfield's Yard.
              "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                Just to clarify: I don't necessarily think a non-Ripper killer was in Dutfield's yard with Stride either. I tend to believe that there's a possibility that Stride died alone in Dutfield's Yard.
                Hi Magpie,

My apologies - I misunderstood the full extent of what you posted.

But in one sense, we do agree, re: "possibility that Stride died alone in Dutfield's Yard."

Dave

Comment

Mag:

Please explain what you mean in this instance,sor...

How exactly did Stride die alone in Dutfield's Yard in your view??
                  To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
                    Cellie:

If I had a list of options...well,I do...so here goes.

1. To me, from reading Dave Yost's new book...I'd bet heavily on BSMan being the killer.

2. To me...and I'm sort of in the minority on this I suppose...BSMan was the Ripper.

However...if BSman was the killer & yet was NOT Jack the Ripper.....the near to absolute last man I'd think JTR was would be Kidney....because I firmly feel he was scrutinized without whatever was scrutinized being made public.

I still think many of us presume JTR was an individual who used stealth to kill the prostitutes. I don't...but I respect their opinions.
                    Hello Howard,

BS man attacks Liz on the street in front of two people. The two witnesses run away and leave him the opportunity to continue attacking her unhindered by anyone. Yeah, I think BS man killed her. I can't get past the sense that he knew she would be there and was not surprised to find her. I'm not saying he was Kidney. Just that he was someone who was violent and was furious with her for some reason.

I hope to get Dave's book soon.

Also, I have wondered about Marshall's and Brown's descriptions, "rather stout," and "stoutish." Schwartz is quoted as using "broad-shouldered." Schwartz had to have an interpretor when he spoke to the police. Could 'stout' or 'broad' have been interpreted as 'broad-shouldered'? Just something I've wondered about.

Comment

Working...
                    X