The Dutfield's Yard Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Brad.

You and I locked horns ONCE, in 2004. Ally had been making some statements about drink drivers that had upset someone who really didn't deserve to be upset but didn't want to make a scene about it. Then there was a night in the chatroom when another very decent person had been nevertheless making some glib comments about drug-taking, to which I objected. You sent me a PM through Casebook telling me what you thought of me (although still civil), to which I replied by PM. That was it, and I don't think we've had any exchanges since then as to the best of my knowledge you seemed to disappear. It's hardly been a case of us constantly locking horns - one disagreement over four years ago.

I will certainly concur that I have an ego. As an ex-pro actor I think that's a given. I'm also opinionated - though I can't see the validity of using such a description in a negative context as I try to avoid conflict unless backed into a corner and the majority of rubbish I see posted on JTR sites I just ignore. But brash? Where did you get that one from?

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd

Comment

Hi Phil. Wow, that was 4 years ago? Time flies! I did'nt disappear, I just don't have the time I used to have and I don't post unless I feel I have something germain to add. Perhaps the word brash was'nt the right term.Its been said the British and Americans are two peoples seperated by a common language. Perhaps self confident would have been better. The whole point of the post however was to say that even though you and I have disagreed in the past, I know you to be what you say you are and I have a moral certainity that your photo is exactly what you represent it to be. Best wishes Brad.

Comment

I've been listening to the podcast devoted to this image, and I'd like to ask George and his crew just how changes in the structure of the yard made in 1892 are visible in a map drawn in 1889?

Comment

The author of the map owned a time machine?

Comment

'As for making things worse, well I don't know if you noticed but the person responsible for the most outlandish accusations no longer posts on Casebook '.

Dear old George posted this comment on Casebook very recently, so I would like to gently remind his good self that the reason I do not post on Casebook any longer is that Casebook have imposed a life time ban on my good self posting on Casebook.
            That is why I have been unable to defend myself against the likes of Ally who have taken the opportunity to accuse me of all manner of things.
            But I would remind them that nobody bets on a one-horse race.

Comment

Pretty much "par for the course" A.P.....Dont let the Buggers get you down is my advice....but its annoying I know.

Comment

I think that the issue of whether the photo in question is legitimate or not has been superceded by the inferences that Phil is reaping benefits off the photo in a way or ways that are clearly not borne out of evidence.

In my opinion, the photo does absolutely nothing to affect the Case and/or Stride's murder in such a way that it adds or subtracts to the facts behind her murder.

Whether the photo could do something for anyone here, we all will simply have to wait and I would appreciate it very much if we ALL let the issue of the Dutfield's Yard photo abate until Phil provides the photo by way of a book or in another medium since the photo has not been seen to the satisfaction of everyone here. I'm satisfied its legitimate,some aren't. So we wait.

Just let it go for now,por favor.

Thank you.

And please lets not criticize the policies of Casebook...our policies are similar to theirs, maybe more lenient in some ways,less so in others..

How & Nina
                To Join JTR Forums, Contact :
                Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Ah, so that's what Paul Webb is saying. He's been on my ignore list for ages so I wouldn't know. Still, I don't worry too much about the credentials of an individual who thinks that the rulers of Egypt are direct descendants from spacemen and has written a book about it. I only deal in facts.

PHILIP

Comment

You see, How, you fight a battle that can only be won by one, George.
                    I understand that.
                    But I do know that it will be Seabiscuit limping into the winner's box.
                    Personally I cannot wait for George to publish his photo, but you know what?
                    I don't think that will happen.
                    Enough hot air to blow Eddowe's lead coffin open.

Comment

If you've just made a post throwing toys out of your brandy pram at me, Paul, you clearly didn't realise that an ignore list means I don't have to read your shyte. Back in your spaceship.

PHILIP

Comment

Well...that didn't work did it? Lets try this....

Phil's photo is valuable in that it is the first photo known of Berner Street. With this photo, we now have all the murder sites in photos. THAT is the real value of Phil's photo acquisition and work towards proving that end. My sincere apologies to Phil if he felt I was slagging off his efforts here by saying it didn't affect the Case at all. I only meant that in terms of some sort of evidentiary discovery which would alter a perception regarding her murder( i.e., the time of murder, the location of the murder, those involved, and so forth) and whether the playing field had shifted one way or the other.

A.P. has issues with the clothing and the look of the Yard. So be it.

Lets wait until Phil provides the community with the book,shall we?

This shouldn't be that hard to do.
                        To Join JTR Forums, Contact :
                        Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Hi How.

Paul Webb's issue has never been with the authenticity of the photo. Not even he can be that mad.

The issue is that he didn't find it and his whole reason for existance is to attempt to discredit others and drag them down to his level. He failed, and when his libel got him thrown off Casebook without me having to lift a finger because he refused to apologise, he starts crying like the shell of a soak he is here.

It's rather like what happened with the cyberstalker Felicity Lowde. The difference is that once upon a time the name A P Wolf meant something positive.

PHILIP

Comment

Working...
                          X