Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Would You Feel if the Case Were Definitively Solved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Souden
    replied
    Howard,

I don't think you need to worry. I'm not saying it may not yet be solved (I still wonder about a deed box in musty provincial solicitor;s office), but even if enough genuine evidence were found that would have secured a conviction -- well look at all the naysayers about almost any historical puzzle that has been seemingly solved.

And please -- keep those socks as close to home as possible.

Supe.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Its times like these that you wish it was solved solely to be able to take off your smelly worksocks...and rub 'em in some people's face...and say "Heeya". Then again,they may get into that sort of thing.

I changed over the last couple o' years ( look at the "interleckshul" post from a few years ago below...pretending to be a smart shtup...)....actually,it doesn't matter to me,personally.

Most of the post staysadasame....but if it is solved,we'll need a new job,Tim.

Leave a comment:

• admin tim
    replied
    Update

Things being like they are these days, I have added a new selection to this old poll. I'm sure you will understand.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    As someone who may be representative of a great body of people who have been captives of the case, I will admit I would be a bit deflated. Only,perhaps,because the sensory enjoyment I get from that time period in history may be lost or at best diluted. Call me selfish. Certainly,seeing some sort of finality or resolution as to whom could have committed these monstrous acts would be of little consequence to the victims. Nonetheless,it would be "something" toward the poor women's memory. It would likewise be a testament to all of the effort,time,finances,and imagination of criminologists who spurred each other on. All the infighting,nitpicking,sabotage,chicanery,and one-upmanship of many people would finally be laid bare. The hoaxes,media hypes,and intentionally false claims likewise would be shown for what they were and are. How 115 years on and we still study,contemplate,and pursue the case is, in itself,unique..................Another great question by you,Tim.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a poll How Would You Feel if the Case Were Definitively Solved?

How Would You Feel if the Case Were Definitively Solved?

Greatly Surprised - who'da thunk it?
    0.00%
    Mildly Surprised - so [I]that's[/I] who it was.
    4.17%
    Not at All Surprised - yeah, that makes sense.
    4.17%
    Smug - that's what [I]I[/I] had thought all along.
    4.17%
    Disappointed - you mean Paul Feldman and Shirley Harrison were right all along?
    0.00%
    Greatly Disappointed - you mean Patricia Cornwell was right all along?
    0.00%
    Disenchanted - it seems that JTR was a pathetic little homosexual named Percy Dovetonsils.
    0.00%
    Elated - at last we found out who JTR really was!
    4.17%
    Greatly Elated - I [I]told[/I] that dumbass {name here} he/she was wrong about JTR.
    4.17%
    Relieved - I [I]knew[/I] that Maybrick diary was a load of manure when I first saw it.
    0.00%
    Deflated - man, I can't believe some dude actually [I]solved[/I] the case. It's not fair.
    0.00%
    Devastated - great; there goes the casebook, the chat room, and this message board too. <SOB> :-(
    4.17%
    Utterly Devastated - you're SURE now that the Royal Theorists were right all along, huh?
    0.00%
    Mortally Devastated I - that !@#$%^&* "A.R." theory was right all along. I don't think I'll live.
    0.00%
    Skeptical - I don't care [I]what[/I] proof you have; it simply can't be right.
    4.17%
    Even More Curious - details; we want the details!
    37.50%
    Philosophical - oh well; I guess I'll head on over to the JonBenet Ramsey or Black Dahlia boards from now on.
    8.33%
    Mixed Emotions - there goes 25 years of my life, but at least I got to see the end of it.
    20.83%
    Mortally Devastated II - so 'Epiphany' WAS right after all?!?!? Pass the grape kool-aid, and make it a double.
    4.17%
    If the Whitechapel Murders were to be solved beyond the shadow of a doubt, how would you feel about it?
Working...
X