Favorite Ripper Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Ripper Book

Which books have made the most impact on your perspective regarding the case?

As always,the list can be upgraded to include your personal or any other book left off the list.

Here are a few to start off with.....

.....and it is a multiple choice question...you can vote for as many as you would like.
    The Facts.....Paul Begg
    6.67%
    The Definitive History.....Paul Begg
    3.33%
    The Complete History....Donald Rumbelow
    1.67%
    Casebook on JTR......Richard W.Egan
    3.33%
    The Complete History of JTR......Phillip Sugden
    11.67%
    Crimes,Detection,and Death of JTR....Martin Fido
    3.33%
    The A-Z....Skinner,Fido,Begg
    11.67%
    The Lodger....Evans and Gainey
    5.00%
    Letters From Hell....Evans and Skinner
    10.00%
    From Hell.....Robert Hinton
    0.00%
    JTR The Final Chapter....Paul Feldman
    3.33%
    Diary of JTR.....Shirley Harrison
    3.33%
    Jack The Myth....A.P. Wolf
    1.67%
    Case Closed....Patricia Cornwell
    0.00%
    The True Face of JTR....Melvin Harris
    5.00%
    The Ripper File.....Melvin Harris
    1.67%
    Prisoner 1167....James Tully
    1.67%
    JTR Whitechapel Murders....Andy and Sue Parlour
    0.00%
    JTR Black Magic Rituals.....I.J. Edwards
    3.33%
    JTR....Colin Wilson and Robin Odell
    1.67%
    The Ultimate Sourcebook.....Evans and Skinner
    21.67%
    Stan Russo's The JTR Suspects
    0.00%
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Originally posted by How Brown
    Which books have made the most impact on your perspective regarding the case?
    As always,the list can be upgraded to include your personal or any other book left off the list.
    Here are a few to start off with.....
    .....and it is a multiple choice question...you can vote for as many as you would like.
    While I've read several on the list, my two favorites are JTR's Black Magic Rituals, and Letters From Hell. JTRBMR, though I don't necessarily agree with the occult ritual part of it, has changed the way I look and interrpret certain facts. LFH, though we all know probably 99% if not all of them are hoaxs, was a good book in the sense that you actually get to see the documents. Most of us will never get to go to museums and archives to see these items. JTR and the Whitechapel Murders box set by Evans and Skinner, is not on the list. I feel this set has really affected me on some levels. I don't know why but there's just something about seeing the actual documents (well, copies anyway, you know what I mean) and getting to read them in their own hadwritings that a transcription just can't compare to. I wish this box set had more documents than what it does.
    Not to say that other books on this poll list aren't good, the ones I listed are my favorites.

Comment

Yes Debbie...I voted for JTRBMR as well. Great minds think alike.

Anything on Stephenson is interesting to me.

I also like the Definitive by Begg and The Mammoth,by Jakubowski/Braund. I read that in two days once ( slow at work)....and was actually a little afterwards from reading the 12 or 13 theories. I had Fido killing Gull assisted by Barnett and all sorts of whacky combinations !

I like all the books I have because even though some have errors,its not so much what they say,but how they say things that is interesting.
      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Although its actually the first book i started reading about JTR,The Complete History of JTR by Phillip Sugden is my choice.
        No doubt i'll love another half a dozen books in six months time then even more after that!!
        The Complete History of JTR is a great read though although i'm dipping into The mammoth book of JTR by Jakubowski & Braund every now and then too!!

Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
          I like all the books I have because even though some have errors,its not so much what they say,but how they say things that is interesting.
          It's not what you Dru it's the way that you Druitt.
          Itsnotrocketsurgery

Comment

I voted for the only one I'm in.

Comment

Excuse my ignorance Stan but i'm new to the forum, but which book are you in?

Comment

Mark:

Stan must be referring to the A to Z....I think around 25 Forums members are in it.
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Good evening How:

Ok thanks for that info!!
                  I never realised when i joined this forum that i'd be among celebrities!!
                  Thats cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Grice View Post
                    Excuse my ignorance Stan but i'm new to the forum, but which book are you in?
                    Hi Mark - Yes How has it right: A-Z (most recent edition only).

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Reid View Post
                      Hi Mark - Yes How has it right: A-Z (most recent edition only).
                      Thanks for that Stan!
                      Funnily enough, the A-Z is going to be my next purchase!!

Mark

Comment

Without doubt, mine is Knight's, "Final Solution". I picked it up at an airport for something to read on the plane and never looked back. Even back then some the leaps of faith Knight asked the reader to accept struck me as odd, but it was one hell of a story and it hooked me in.

These days, I tend to turn fact books, but I still hold a sentimental candle for the Knight piece and Alan Moore's adaption.
                        Thanks for your time,
                        dusty miller

Comment

Working...
                        X