Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Whitechapel Murders Have a Jewish Connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the Whitechapel Murders Have a Jewish Connection?

It must be admitted that there are certainly a lot of Jewish references in the Whitechapel Murders, but is this just coincidence in an area that was densely populated by Jews at the time? Or is there something not quite kosher about these murders........???
    YES - Duh! Seems Rather Obvious, Does it Not?
    6.25%
    YES - that throat cutting was definitely a Jewish ritual.
    0.00%
    YES - look at what happened around Liz Stride's murder.
    0.00%
    YES - look at what Sir Robert Anderson said!
    0.00%
    YES - that graffito on Goulston Street clinches it.
    6.25%
    YES - Polly Nichols was killed practically in the Old Jews' Cemetery.
    0.00%
    YES - all of the eyewitness descriptions prove it.
    0.00%
    NO - but the Ripper tried to implicate the Jews as being guilty.
    43.75%
    NO - this is just wishful thinking by Martin Fido, David Radka, and others.
    0.00%
    NO - despite appearances, it was all coincidental.
    43.75%
    NO - such an idea is just pure bigotry coming out of anti-Semites.
    0.00%

By 'Jew', I think we mean Orthodox Jew, one who is descended from a long family line of traditional Jewish faith and culture. 'Jew', of course, refers to race as much as religion, and it was the Jewish race that Hitler hated so much.

In early 20th century America, many gangsters such as Detroit's Purple Mob, and New York's Murder Inc. were headed by and staffed by Jews, although I suspect that these were merely of Jewish heritage and did not practice the orthodox faith. The Ripper could easily have been the same.

Comment

Personally,I have trouble with the graffiti being written by a Jewish immigrant. Take the situation. Here's a guy who just whacked two women and has time to collect his thoughts,take some chalk,and write this witty message. In the most heavily populated slum in the world.....Now for him being a Hasidic Jew or Orthodox Lubavitcher,I don't buy that either....too much discipline within that community and awareness of their lack of popularity. Sure,some peripheral Jewish man,like the types Tim mentioned ( He forgot the modern Hasidic Jews who smuggle the drug,Ecstasy,into America ),COULD have done it. From my Ivory Tower,I feel that murders like the Ripper crime are the sinister legacy of the effects of the Industrial Revolution,which of course,began in England. Not necessarily the Ripper crime,but other ghastly murders,where overkill was a manifestation of the pent up emotion of the perpetrator. Thats just me.
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact [email protected]

Comment

I believe the reference found scrawled across the wall, was just another way for the Ripper to add to the tension that had already been incited with the previous murders. Anti-Semitic feelings were already running high at the time, even before the killings took place, and possibly this was his attempt to stir the pot. If not to deflcet attention for his own nationality, then merely for the sake of doing so.

Comment

Working...
        X