Mary Kelly : Murdered By......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Kelly : Murdered By......

Perspired by a remark made by Lynn Cates....there's a poll attached to this thread too.

Whodunit ?
    Jack The Ripper/ The Whitechapel Murderer
    65.38%
    Someone Other Than Jack The Ripper
    19.23%
    You're Undecided At This Point In Time
    15.38%
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

nice touch

Hello Howard. Thanks.

I appreciate the third option.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Jacky

Comment

Thank you Howard!!!

Comment

While I feel it is, at the present state of our knowledge, most likely that MJK was killed by 'Jack', it would be wrong to insist that this were the case.
          Regards, Jon S.
          "
          The theory that the murderer is a lunatic is dispelled by the opinion given to the police by an expert in the treatment of lunacy patients......."If he's insane
          " observed the medical authority, "he's a good deal sharper than those who are not".
          Reynolds Newspaper, 4 Nov. 1888.

Comment

Jon;
            You know...at one time, this, unless I am greatly misinterpreting what I've read about contemporary theorists, authors, and newspapers.....this was a slam dunk Ripper murder in the minds of Ripperologists and researchers alike. Civilians were and are probably still unanimous on this being a Ripper murder.

Now, as we see by the preliminary results in this poll that this Polack posted, its about 2 outta 3 in favor of The Saucy One as the murderer.
            To Join JTR Forums :
            Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Hi all,

I voted undecided. On the one hand, the increasing violence of the series could point to one killer, but then Kelly seems so over the top.

I've seen good arguments for both points of view - which now leaves me even more undecided.

How, I agree with your point in your last post. If you tell the same story long enough and loud enough everyone agrees!
              Dave
              "From Hull, Hell and Halifax, Good Lord deliver us."

Comment

I put undecided as I believe that it is only 80% in favour of Jack being the killer. As a comparison I think Stride has a 90% chance of being a Ripper victim.

Comment

Taking it in Stride.

Hello Howard.

"Now, as we see by the preliminary results in this poll that this Polack posted, its about 2 outta 3 in favor of The Saucy One as the murderer."

Which roughly approximates the Stride numbers.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

A criminologist once told me that if the official information is not corroborated by evidence, then it can't be taken as actual accounts.

Where in the Ripper case of MJK does the official information corroborate evidence?

Though I'm still working on the Nichols murder, leaving aside the other four victims for individual research as taking all victims in one scoop got me nowhere for the past 20 years, I can say this:

I will not support X just because they I don’t agree with are against X; this is one of the oldest yet most effective tricks in the book to manipulate the public, regardless which case one researches.

I agree with Dave: "
                    If you tell the same story long enough and loud enough everyone agrees!"
                    Elaine
                    Last edited by Elaine; January 7, 2014, 08:47 AM. Reason: Some text went beserk and bold!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X