Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Jack Kill Liz Stride?

Hi all,

I made a enormous poll on the other site about this and we had a very long and well needed discussion on it. Maybe we can have one here eh??

Well, I am going to, like before, make a poll. Then we can carry on from there.

So the question of the day is;_(Drum rolls)

Did Jack the ripper kill Elizabeth Stride?

Yes? Give me a reason.
    No? Give me a reason.

Also, Last time I made it so there were only two choices, Yes or No. It forced us to think and jump off that all too comfotable fence and take a guess. Well no don't guess but you get my drift.

Yours truly
    "Jack the Ripper"(If you have a prefered suspect, specify, if not well then do what the post says)
    62.16%
    Other(Specify)
    37.84%

Hi All,

Only one vote? Bumping.

Comment

This is a careful cadre Corey...careful of committing to a question such as the one you presented.

I say yes...51/49 percent in favor of her being killed by the same man who killed Eddowes that night.
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Hi Howard,

Yes, I know. Thank you so much for your vote.

Any more?

Yours truly

Comment

I'd so prefer a "Don't know" option. I change my mind on it very often!
          Jon

"It is far more comfortable to point a finger and declare someone a devil, than to call upon your imagination to try to understand their world."

http://www.jlrees.co.uk

Comment

Hello Jon,

I do too. I don't put one there on purpose though. Like I said, it forces us off the fence and makes us think.

If you don't have a choice, you don't need to put one. I made the thread just really for discussion of the forensic, circumstancial, and other aspects of her murder. With a poll on the side.

Yours truly

Comment

Always thought it was the guy who pushed her down.

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
                This is a careful cadre Corey
                Circumspect is a word that comes to mind.

Corey, I think this poor woman Liz was a victim of the serial killer known as Jack the Ripper. For the same reason I don't believe in UFO's. Jack was out murdering that night. Twice. Not someone else who just happened to be out murdering that night also.

Oh yes, you asked for preferred suspect. I have three - James Kelly, William Bury & Joe Lis.

Roy

Comment

I voted 'Yes' for obvious reasons. A better question would be, if not Jack, then WHO did kill her? Yours truly, Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Tom and Roy,

Thanks for your votes. I appriciate it.

Tom,

I haven't yet thought of anyone else it could have been.

Yours truly

Comment

String,

But who pushed her down then?

Yours truly

Comment

Bumping.

Comment

Bumping. Any comments?

Yours truly

Comment

Corey :

If you are of the opinion that someone other than the Ripper killed Stride...please list those reasons.

Likewise, if you feel the Whitechapel Murderer was flashing that cold steel in Dutfield's Yard, please elaborate.
                            To Join JTR Forums :
                            Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Hi Howard,

No I don't think anyone else killed old 'Mother Gum'. I think, like you and others, that "Jack the Ripper" killed twice that night.

I just keep bumping it for votes thats all. Not seeming to get many am I?Nice smileys by the way.

Anyways, I am of the opinion that he pulled her by the scarf into the yard, and cut her throat as she fell. Leaving her where she lay. I have no clue why, but there can be many reasons for this.

Yours truly

Comment

Working...
                              X