Johnny Depp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Depp

While we all know that Johnny Depp portrayed Frederick Abberline in 2001's From Hell, did you know that he is a "huge fan of Jack the Ripper"?

Source: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000136/bio

Anthony Quayle

A Study In Terror, the 1966 Ripper film,as well as the 1978 Murder By Decree ,film both featured Anthony Quayle in them..
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Comment

Real Trivia

http://www.comedy-zone.net/triviazone/crime/page3.htm

Comment

While we're on a bit of a roll....

In the 1988 Jack the Ripper mini-series (with Michael Caine, etc), the uniform worn by Hugh Fraser, who plays the part of Sir Charles Warren, is actually an original Sir Charles outfit from "back in the day". How about that!? :cool:

Cheers,
        Adam.

Comment

Still More Trivia

http://www.comedy-zone.net/triviazone/crime/page3.htm

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizzes/peo...he_ripper.html

Comment

Who would have thought it?

From imdb.com:

Henny Youngman

Date of birth (location)
            16 March 1906
            Whitechapel, London, England, UK

Comment

You know, it'd be very handy if some of these trivia games actually had the correct answers to them...
              Since when was Joseph Lawende a witness to the murder of Elizabeth Stride? Argh...

Comment

Ivor Edwards was named for Ivor Novello, the actor in the 1926 Hitchcock film, The Lodger.

Ivor Novello was Welsh....and gay.

So was Laird Cregar gay [ and he grew up in the same neighborhood and knew my Dad]..and he played The Lodger in the 1944 film of the same name..

...but he wasn't Welsh.
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Speaking of actors in films, did anyone else here read the news story in Ripperologist recently that said actor Ian Holm, who played none other than Saucy Jack himself in From Hell , was going to be playing Pope John Paul II in an upcoming mini-series? Not a bad change, from one of the most infamous serial killers of all time, to the holiest of holy men, eh?.
                  I actually remember seeing Ian Holm in another movie called "S.O.S. Titanic" from the late 70's, where he played J. Bruce Ismay, chairman of the shipping company who owned the Titanic.
                  That particular movie was a flop, but jeez, what a great actor!

Cheers,
                  Adam. :cool:

Comment

Adam.

I sure did read it in the Rip...

Holm,as you also will remember,played "Ash" The Android in Alien [ the 1979 film ]..
                    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Top this!

If you're impressed by Ian Holm's JTR/Pope, how about David Warner's JTR/Bob Cratchit? Now there's a polar reversal for you. David portrayed JTR in 1979's Time After Time and Bob Cratchit in 1984's A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott as Ebenezer Scrooge.

Comment

More Trivia

Which of JTR's victims is considered an actress by the Internet Movie Database (IMDB.com)?

Answer: Polly Nichols

Comment

Hi all!

Earlier on, I read another piece of trivia about the 1988 Jack the Ripper mini-series, which I thought I should post up here as well...

In the film, (if you've watched it enough time, you'll know the part I'm talking about), there is a small piece in Part 2 where Dr. Llewellyn is leaving a house, and says he will call again the next day as he goes. The woman standing in the doorway (infact, she is credited simply as "Woman in doorway"), replies "Thank you, Dr. Llewellyn. Goodnight!", and that is the only time she appears.

The interesting part is that the woman is actually the real life mother of Lysette Anthony, who plays the part of Mary Kelly in the same film!!

Nice, huh? I wonder if that was deliberately set up...??

Cheers,
                          Adam.

Comment

A Johnny Depp Interview

and hardly trivial....

http://www.filmmonthly.com/Profiles/...epp/JDepp.html

Comment

Lemme tell ya something....If I was gay or a girl..this sort of guy would be my ideal.

He avoids all the usual supermarket cat litter liner tabloids and is a family man...plus I think he's cute !

In a straight way,that is...just to clarify that.
                              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
                              X