Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum trivia competition?

Hi all!

I'm just wondering how many people would be interested in entering a Ripper trivia competition if one was started here on the forums?

At the moment this is nothing more than a count of people interested in the idea. If enough people would like to enter, I'll try and get something started...

So, who's up for it??

Cheers,
    Adam.

Dear Super Moderatin' man:

Not a bad idea there...Pretty good thinking.

Include me in.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Howster,

Well, as much as I wish I could say we had more, I'm afraid 1 person in a competition just isn't enough....unfortunately, we've both seen that happen before....

People, I don't know what the apparent hatred of becoming involved in these sorts of competitions is all about, but it would do everyone a lot of good if some people would actually put their hands up and be willing to have a go. So if there is anyone else out there that is interested, please reply to this thread as soon as you can, or the forum trivia idea will, unfortunate as it is, simply have to be dropped.

Cheers,
      Adam.

Comment

Adam:

Lets give it another week,my man. Its a good idea and there's no real rush.

This is a pretty hectic time of year for some folks....so if you don't mind,lets keep the trivia idea going..because its a good one.
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

I'm in. Maybe you could set a time where a bunch could gather and play a Ripper trivia game. just a thought.

Stan

Comment

Thats a good idea,Stan.

May I suggest those who do not have AOL's AIM see if they can download it. Its free and its how several of us communicate aside from these boards.

Along with that possibility, Adam had at one time put together a 20 question Trivia Challenge a while back elsewhere. That might be a good idea too.

Here's a question [ pretty easy...I have to dumb it down for Tim ]...

What person [ a suspect, perhaps...maybe a police official...or a victim ] was married in the same church as Inspector Fredrick Abberline was ? You get a doughnut if you get it right....and a cup of coffee if you get this one:

Which Ripper author is related to one of the victims ?
            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Hi again all!

Stan,

Thanks for being willing to participate - if we can just get 2 or 3 more that should be enough, atleast for this time around.

How,

Sure, there's no problems with keeping the trivia idea going. My earlier post was really meant as more of a hurry-up for slow people who were interested in doing the trivia rather than ending the trivia there and then. Still, there is little point in keeping an idea going for ages if it's not going to get off the ground either - so let's hope we can get it moving!

About AIM - I don't have it, but I do have MSN - do you have that as well? If we can organise something like that, it would be a pretty good idea.

As for your trivia questions - sheesh, go easy!! I feel like I should know the answer to both of them, especially the second one, but I just can't claw the answer out. So: I'll pass!

Keep the suggestions coming, guys!
              Cheers,
              Adam.

Comment

How,

I'm already drinking coffee... but am i right in thinking of Andy Parlour?

Abberline was married twice... in 1868 Martha Mackness and in 1876 Emma Beament.

I know that he is buried on the same graveyard as are some of the Druitt family members... but i just don't know in which church he'd married.

Keep this trivia idea going, guys...

Comment

Hi Mats,

Does that mean you're interested in participating in the trivia competition, since Howard has lured you with that offer of a donut and coffee?

Speaking of which, Howie, since when has DONUT had a UGH in it!!??

Cheers,
                  Adam.

Comment

Hi Adam,

yes i'm interested, but also curious about how this is going to work with participants from three different continents and time zones.

All the best...

Comment

Coffee and a jelly doughnut [ thats the way we spell it here,Adam ! ] on the way to Mats for the correct answer. Yes,it is Andy Parlour.

Hmm...looks like no one guessed the other one yet. I'll keep it up there.

Here's another one...

Which actor or actress is the only actor or actress to have played in both a JTR based film and a Jekyll and Hyde based film ?

He or she is Ukrainian [ a hint...].

Some hint,huh?

Winner gets a date with my twin sister.

Second place gets two dates with her.
                      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Ha, that's easy... but Michael Caine isn't ukrainian!

No, it must be Gary Sheil, i'll suppose. He'd played the pimp in David Wickes "JtR" and i'm quite sure that i've saw him in Jekyll & Hyde as well... and of course in Quadrophenia.

Comment

I'll be damned,Matty !! I didn't know Michael Caine played in a version of Jekyll and Hyde !!

My answer was Jack Palance

Palance also played Jekyll in a 1968 program [ which was pretty good in my opinion ] as well as "The Man In The Attic" a 1953 or 1954 flick.

If Caine did play in a version,you have my apologies....and a date with Sister Brown.

Lucky You..
                          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

How,

Let me know if get that started. I have AOL IM and would love to play a trivia game.

Stan

Comment

Sure will,buddy.

Lets see if others here will get the AIM service.

It should be pretty cool....
                              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
                              X