"Ultimate Sourcebook" Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ultimate Sourcebook" Trivia

Being that I won't be too busy tomorrow...I have to continue working on my Cheap Jerokee..er..Jeep Cherokee...damned electical system works as well as a Robert Linford joke....I will be plunging into the Ultimate for trivia questions for you.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Ever wonder how dumb you, dear reader, really were?

Well..you've come to the right place. I'm about to show you.

Bring allllll the Paul Beggs and S.P.Evanses you want to on to this thread...and all you wannabe-Ripperologists....you're about to be humbled by the Humiliator...me. Let Nemo and Robert and Sam Flynn and Doug and all those lowbrows just try to answer these babies....

Question One..... and do not look into the Ultimate for clues,me wee bairns,for I will know if you cheated...trust me.

In relation to the Whitechapel Murder case...what do these names have to do with the WM?

Williams,Lefroy,Muller, Galloway
    Peace
    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Question Two:

What is or who is...

Salmon Gluckheim

A. A kosher fish dish developed by one of the owners of an East End fish n' chips establishment on Brick Lane...which deviates from the typical haddock or cod used in fish n' chips and uses the salmon instead. The developer was Moshe Gluckheim (b. 1836,Kiev Ukraine). The dish never really caught on except with very affluent West End types...

B. A suspected brothel owner who was ferociously assaulted by Frederick Charrington and saved from further thrashing by PS Thick on Whitechapel Road in early 1889. Gluckheim moved back to his native Ukraine and his subsequent history unknown.

C. A member of the Mile End Vigilance Committee

D. A member of the Traders In Whitechapel cadre that petitioned the Home Office.

E. Tim Mosley's real name.
      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Not for Nothing

Question Three:

Most of us have read about the repartee between Catherine Eddowes and the police officer who was in the Bishopsgate Station with her after they hauled her into jail for being intoxicated.

She is said to have replied ( inferring she said the following as her surname or name in general "Nothing".

Some of us think this may be a misinterpretation in that she didn't say anything, hence "nothing" in the sense of no response at all and not "Nothing" as a surname..

But who cares ! Thats not my question !

Who did she say it to ?

A. Constable George Henry Hutt,
        B. Constable James Harvey
        C. Constable Louis Robinson
        D. Detective Daniel Halse, Det.Constable,City of London Police
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

.....But just don't show it to me

So far so good...no quick replies...that implies none of you have cheated...yet.

Lets move along to this one...again,with no cheatin' me bonny bairns....

From what missive is the following snippet in green....

"...and you can show the cold meat..." < unquote

.........without any clues....
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

I'll have to guess 'cos I'm a bit stupid

1) Members of the Vigilance commitee
            2)B
            3)A

Comment

Who was Julius Levenson?

A. Suspicious character Joseph Isaacs landlord
              B. Suspicious character Joseph Isaacs brother in law,whom he last stayed with in Commercial Street
              C. Suspicious character Joseph Isaacs stole something from Levenson and ran off with it.
              D. Suspicious character and known homosexual Joseph Isaacs boyfriend and alibi for the Double Event which eventually exonerated him from any guilt or further surveillence.
              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Nemo,my bairn from another lassie's loin...

Before I tell you whether you were right or wrong...I can tell you that I am happy you have taken on the task to be Forums book critic and magazine reviewer.

Thanks for the answers....and I will let you know shortly.
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Most of you are aware of the assault on "unfortunate" Elizabeth Burns of Flower and Dean Sts. in September of 1888, as well as the assault on one Alexander Finlay at a coffee stall in the wee hours of a morning in September of 1888 shortly after the Chapman murder by Charles ( Carl) Ludwig.

Charles Ludwig couldn't have committed the murders on the night of the Double Event...which is (apparently) the main reason he was considered "not guilty" of the previous Whitechapel Murders....

One does wonder just a little bit whether or not if Catherine Eddowes had not been allowed to perambulate the streets after her temporary incarceration and not been murdered ( The City police would have not let her out that night) and had no one else been murdered that night in her stead( well,maybe Stride's murder would have been looked at even more differently in this case )...whether old Charley Scissorpockets would have been let out until a lot later.

So...besides having a razor and some scissors in his pocket and that loooooooong blade he threatened that nice Jewish boy with...

What happened to him?

A. He was released from jail...and sent to Colney Hatch for further evaluation since he was considered dangerous for the two assaults in September.

B. The courts just let him go. Whats one more kook on the street,eh?

C. He had to do community service in a temperance hostel run by Samuel Barnett. There's no way the court would just let someone like him off without punitive measures.

D. He committed suicide by self-garroting in a lodging house 2 days after his release on October 6th,1888...on Dorset Street.
                  To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Hmmm - I think I'll stick with the MENSA Q's...

Thanks for the sentiment Howard!

Comment

Good questions...can I add one?!

How many police officials committed suicide?

Comment

Who first suggested one of the victims death was due to suicide?

Comment

Doug...until you and the other geniuses on the MENSA thread answer one of the questions here correctly...just answer the ones I have provided first...you and Linford are better at asking questions than answering them...and I figured that this would be a good way for the both of you to be more smarter in Ripperology. You'll get your chance daddio.

The answer was Mylett. The theorist was Anderson.

Give it a few days,Currerbell...then please offer up your questions then.
                          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Where's Linford ?? Where's that "Mr. Know it All" now...when he can't cheat and look up the answers???
                            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
                              Who was Julius Levenson?

A. Suspicious character Joseph Isaacs landlord
                              B. Suspicious character Joseph Isaacs brother in law,whom he last stayed with in Commercial Street
                              C. Suspicious character Joseph Isaacs stole something from Levenson and ran off with it.
                              D. Suspicious character and known homosexual Joseph Isaacs boyfriend and alibi for the Double Event which eventually exonerated him from any guilt or further surveillence.

C............wasnt it a watch or a violin he knocked off?.....see Im trying How.......

Comment

Working...
                              X