Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pepper & Salt

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pepper & Salt

    Did you know...

    ...that at the execution of the Cato street conspirators in 1820, that one of the condemned men (sentenced to be hung drawn & quartered by the way) was described as wearing the usual clothes of his trade as a butcher - a salt & pepper jacket and a dirty cap!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Nemo View Post
    Did you know...

    ...that at the execution of the Cato street conspirators in 1820, that one of the condemned men (sentenced to be hung drawn & quartered by the way) was described as wearing the usual clothes of his trade as a butcher - a salt & pepper jacket and a dirty cap!
    Filthy!

    Chris
    Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
    https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
    Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

    Comment


    • #3
      Salt and pepper jackets were strictly seasonal wear.

      Comment


      • #4
        A man of class our man there- what do you reckon Gareth- Spring or Autumn? x

        Both I reckon should the weather be clement!!!... Early morning sun would show 'em off a treat! (IMHO!)...

        [OMG am listening to 'Anthem' from Chess- which may just be influencing my thoughts...isn't it just THE BEST!!!!!!!!]

        Comment


        • #5
          OK .....here's the weave- and some interesting trousers
          Click image for larger version

Name:	s and p.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	550170

          Click image for larger version

Name:	s and p 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	550171 Ooooh the trousers!!!

          Is it me or are there ghostly faces in the background Left and Right there? LOL ...ODD though........... :/

          Comment


          • #6
            Thats making my eyes go funny!

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't look!

              It's a great weave and looks great with jackets and trousers IMHO

              Comment


              • #8
                Im sure it does, as long as I dont look close up!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                  Salt and pepper jackets were strictly seasonal wear.
                  Not a pun to be sneezed at, Sam, but I won't be offering you any condiments either.

                  Maybe Jack was a salt cellar or pepper grinder.

                  Love,

                  Caz
                  X
                  I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Season's Greetings

                    Originally posted by ferret View Post
                    A man of class our man there- what do you reckon Gareth- Spring or Autumn? x
                    Definitely December, Suzi.

                    Originally posted by ferret View Post
                    It's a great weave and looks great with jackets and trousers IMHO
                    It just wouldn't be Christmas if children didn't hang up their Christmas Weave stockings.

                    Love,

                    Caz
                    X
                    I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was more thinking whether a salt and pepper jacket and cap were a type of Victorian uniform for a butcher...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                        I was more thinking whether a salt and pepper jacket and cap were a type of Victorian uniform for a butcher...
                        The flat 'at sounds right but a blood-spattered apron might be more like it.

                        Chris
                        Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
                        https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

                        Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
                        Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Maybe less Salt, and a lot more Pepper?

                          Might help to hide the blood.

                          Archaic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            thought that sand was used for that...?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Caroline Morris View Post
                              Not a pun to be sneezed at, Sam, but I won't be offering you any condiments either.
                              ... well, I suppose you've got to be cruet to be kind.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X