No announcement yet.

Trivia For Our Inner Dummy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only joking Howard, I was thinking of someone like Blavatsky or the Golden Dawn members, though his name often crops up alongside references to Satanism and the Occult

Comment

• Oh okay Neems...I thought you meant that there was some sort of cult which followed Freddy.

I could also see one of those knuckleheads like Blavatsky stating something to that effect. To commemorate her brushing her teeth for the first time...or something like that.
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact [email protected]

Comment

• Early Royal Conspiracy...

Who, in 1888, claimed to be the brother of the Prince of Wales and declared she was in fear of her life from "Jack the Ripper"?

Comment

• Excuse me Nemo.
          I know you're British...but how could the person be a female and claim to be someone's brother ?
          Thanks
          Yank Friend In States....
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Ha!

I'll rephrase that...

Who, in 1888, claimed to be the sister of the Prince of Wales and was in fear of the Ripper?

Comment

• Dame Margaret Rutherford ?
              Well... She had that LVP look...I dunno Neems.

Anyone else ?
              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Correct! Well done Jon - that was a bit obscure

I wish I had a big prize for you

It's from the following story from The Star 22nd November 1888

http://www.casebook.org/press_reports/star/s881122.html

Driven Mad by the Murders.
                A decent but poorly dressed woman, Louisa Day, was charged at Worship-street, with being of unsound mind. - Constable 499 J said that she said at Bethnal-green station on Wednesday night, that she was in danger of her life from "Jack the Ripper," that she was related to the Royal Family, and made other curious statements. She was detained as a wandering lunatic. -

Prisoner: Well, sir, I did mention the Prince of Wales's name, but that was all. I said he was my brother. But you know we are all brothers and sisters. (Laughter.) It is true that I am in danger of my life, not, perhaps, from "Jack the Ripper," but from others who follow me about. I have been lodging in Dorset-street, and was there the other night, when I heard the gang threatening Mr. Charrington's life. -

Mr. Saunders: Have you a husband? -

Yes, sir, in the Mile-end Infirmary. My daughter is with the Bishop of Bedford. -

Mr. Saunders: The constable shall take you to the workhouse.

Do you see that as evidence of gangs in the Dorset St area? Anybody know if "Mr Charrington" is a lodging house keeper or similar?

Comment

• Anybody know if "Mr Charrington" is a lodging house keeper or similar?

Nemo:

Charrington was Frederick Charrington, the son of wealthy East End brewers...who became known for his efforts in getting brothels shut down.
                  As a result, many of those women were found using the street to strut their wares.
                  To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Non-Ripper related trivia for J.G.Simons:

How long was The Hundred Years War ?
                    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• In binary it would be: 1110100
                      "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

• Trivia Time With Mr. Trivia

I don't expect anyone to get this one right..not SPE,Paul Begg,Hutch, especially any of the lazy and dopey Forums moderators.... because...as great as my captions are,my trivia questions might be the only things to rival 'em .

What connection do Israel Lipski and Neill Cream share ?
                        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Nitric acid? Newgate prison?
                          from 1905...to 19.05..it was written in the stars

Comment

• Not the connection we're looking for here,Phil....nice try though.
                            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Take another go at it Phil...I'll rephrase it.

What individual crossed the paths of both Lispki & Cream ?
                              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Hi How

Would his first name be Charles?

Tracy
                                If you're going to be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.

Comment

Working...
                                X