No announcement yet.

Trivia For Our Inner Dummy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How could you cheat when that was so simple? In fact it was so simple I assumed that that wasn't the answer, but changed my mind.

Yes you and Robert should get a point each because that is a connection between "The King" and Le Grand.

I agree we should be put out of our misery.

Comment

• Oooh I know!!! I did cheat though - was bugging me--Tracy

I'm about to bugger someone if they don't get the right answer...and tell me !
      C'mon Neems....give it !
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact [email protected]

Comment

• Are you sure? There's a couple of assumptions being made here

I'll give you one more clue

Read the question and bear in mind that I very rarely make spelling mistakes (hopefully) - though George seems to have done so

A little Googling should get it...

Comment

• Aw poor How - I'll give you a clue, it's something to do with the King...and Charles Le Grande . Sorry lol, couldn't resist.

Tracy
          If you're going to be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.

Comment

• Sorry Tracey - it's more something to do with the King and Charles La Grand...

Edit: Apologies - it may alternatively be Le Grand by the looks of it...

Comment

• 5 mins and I'll post the answer as I'm off to work in a mo...

Comment

• OK - Charles La Grand / Le Grand was the nightclub owner who gave Elvis his first big break in the 1958 film "King Creole"

I'm not that clever and don't know everything about Elvis - I just happened to watch the film on a re-run this afternoon - lol

Thanks for trying everyone - especially George

Comment

• Was that a bit disappointing? - lol

I'll try and think of a better Q for you all

Here's an easy one for now

Which part of Kate Middleton's wedding outfit has a direct link back to Queen Victoria?

Comment

• Dangnamit I saw King Creole on TCM too. it was fun. Both the film and your trivia question, Nemo.

Comment

• lol George - you were on to a winner there and you didn't know it

I'm surprised Elvis hasn't popped up previously on my internet searches for our Le Grand

The nightclub owner was from New Orleans which explains the French derivation of his name

Comment

• I thought New Orleans would come into it when I heard the word "creole". Baton Rouge and Bon Temps also come to mind.

Actually I did a search yesterday for Le Grand, la Grande, Le Grande and didn't find anything on the fellow. That was why I was gnashing me teeth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                          Was that a bit disappointing? - lol

I'll try and think of a better Q for you all

Here's an easy one for now

Which part of Kate Middleton's wedding outfit has a direct link back to Queen Victoria?
                          Her tiara was borrowed from the Queen. It was originally
                          made in 1936 for the Duchess of York and given to Elizabeth
                          on her eighteenth birthday. So that's not it.

Her earrings were specially made to echo the design of
                          the Middleton family's new coat or arms and were given
                          to her by her parents, so that's not it.

The veil and the gown were new.

Her undergarments, no, sorry How I'm not going there.

Her shoes were new.

So that leaves the one accessory no bride can do without,
                          and that is the groom, Prince William.

Amirite?

Comment

• Wow, good effort and technically true

However, I was thinking of a piece of a plant called myrtle in her bouquet which is derived from a plant growing at Osborne House, Isle of Wight which provided that in Victoria's bouquet

The full story of the myrtle plant, originally part of a "nosegay" given to Victoria is explained nicely here...

http://www.islandpulse.co.uk/b2/osbo...dding-bouquet/

Comment

• PS Apologies, I'm a bit thick

It says there that the first bouquet containing the myrtle was that of princess Victoria, not Queen Victoria, though it was originally Queen Victoria's nosegay

Comment

• Bump Up

Anyone care to try and get one past the membership ?
                                To Join JTR Forums :
                                Contact [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X