• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, you sound just like

Bevis & Butthead.

Comment

Its "Beavis" you butthead.

New trivia....

What sort of subscription numbers could W.T.Stead claim for his venture after leaving the Pall Mall Gazette, the quarterly magazine, Borderland ?

1. 150.
      Not many people got into spiritualism when he started the magazine.

2. 1,888
      Coincidentally, the issue featuring D'Onston's article attracted 666 subscribers alone.

3. 100,000
      The magazine was pretty popular by these numbers,I'd think...
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

I'll be optimistic and say:

c.) 100,000 at its peak.

Archaic

PS: Just for the record, the correct spelling of the name Bevis is 'Bevis', but you're right in that the wrong spelling of the name as used by the cartoon devoted to numbskulls is 'Beavis'.

Comment

I think it bears repeating that I am always right,Archaic.

"PS: Just for the record, the correct spelling of the name Bevis is 'Bevis', but you're right in that the wrong spelling of the name as used by the cartoon devoted to numbskulls is 'Beavis'."---Mrs. I-can't-admit-that-I-am-wrong.

Listen, Noam Chomsky...the correct spelling of the character in Beavis and Archa..er, Butthead is B-e-a-v-i-s.......... Of course the correct spelling of "Bevis" is "Bevis". Whats it supposed to be? The correct spelling of the name Mary is M-a-r-y. Oh,how I laugh at you !!!

Just for the record.

And even though I know you cheated on the answer...you were right. It was, surprisingly, 100,000.
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
            And even though I know you cheated on the answer...you were right. It was, surprisingly, 100,000.
            Guess what, you big dummy? I DIDN'T cheat on the answer.

You choice of such obviously phony numbers as 1,888 (a ripping number, with a cute Donston 666 thrown in) and 150 (obviously much too low) made it pretty damn easy to figure out that 100,000 must be the correct answer even though it seemed on the high side.

Unless, of course, if they were ALL wrong, and the possibility of THAT occurred to me too.
            (After all, it was your contest.)

OK, How, why don't we have a Final Jeopardy Death-match some time... the loser dies. Are you up for it?

If it's any comfort, you have a slight chance of winning, because sometimes during Jeopardy I blurt out the answer so fast that I forget to pose it in the form of a question...
            Otherwise, Jack you dead.

Archaic, the Annoyed With You

Comment

Thanks for making a duplicate post of essentially the same silly response to my "putting you in your place" post, you sultry when angry thing you....like we have bandwidth to waste on your flimsy explanations as to why you were wrong.

OK, How, why don't we have a Final Jeopardy Death-match some time... the loser dies. Are you up for it? -Mrs. Hot Under The Collar...

Of course I am because its a rigged event. Rigged? Yes...because I am superior to you in the realm of useless facts. I don't want you to die or pass on to the next plane of existence...I'll put you to sleep when the time comes. I own you, so that task is up to me.

Bring your about to lose all dignity backside on....get some sort of jeopardy match set up, Mrs. Art Fleming....and I will amuse myself by handling you like a rented mule.

Yours affectionately,

How
              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

How, Archaic, if you feel like talking about your childhood, - I'm doing this SK database ...

Comment

"WHY WE FIGHT" by Archaic

Originally posted by Ultra Violet View Post
                  How, Archaic, if you feel like talking about your childhood, - I'm doing this SK database ...
                  Hi, Ultra-Violet, how are you?
                  My childhood was fantastic; How's childhood is still in progress, so please check back with him in 10 or 15 years... too bad by then he'll be in his dotage.

I know How picks on me because he knows he's outclassed & he also knows I can fight back...but if I didn't, just think of the consequences... How might be out there stealing hubcaps & little kids' ice cream cones again on the mean streets of Philly instead of hunched over his computer trying to rehash his stale insults...

Which makes squabbling with him practically a Public Good, sort of.

Best regards, Archaic

Comment

Oh you are a veggie How? Cool, will feed you lettuce and water in the Hutch room for a week!

Comment

Bell:

No,I'm not a vegetarian. I just don't eat red meat anymore...or at least for as long as I can resist the call of the cheesesteak.

Archaic:

I didn't consider what we were doing as fighting. You're a lady, to use the term loosely, in the autumn of her intellectual life and therefore I won't get rude with you.

Anyway, the weapon you're trying to use against me...your brain...is a dead, not deadly, weapon.

Bring on that trivia challenge instead of flappin' that mouth of yours. Otherwise, go make me a sandwich.

Just no red meat.
                      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

How - are you in your winter of discontent?

Cheese steak, please explain to an English Rose what that involves, we have cheese burgers and steak/beef with a slice of cheese on top (but not often, more served with a cheese sauce instead)

Thank you!

Comment

Bell;

I'm fine sweetie.

A cheesesteak is a meal which goesalikeathisa....

Take some steak ( 1 1/2 - 2 lbs) and slice it thin. Preferably sirloin.

Fry it or stir fry it in a tablespoon of olive oil slowly at above simmer.......add some diced onions and American or Swiss cheese and let it all turn goopy and melted. Add some red hot cherry peppers on a long Italian roll and you're set. Take the Italian roll or loaf and put it in the oven for a few minutes to make it crusty first. Thats what we call a "grinder".
                          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Ahhhh, now that does sound nice, I love your diners by the way, when I visited Florida a few years ago, I loved visiting them, the waitresses were great and really friendly, they loved our English accents!! LOL

The booths and sitting along the front near the kitchen, we dont really have out like that here, cafes are soooo different to your diners, I loved them, and free drink top ups, now that is good!

Comment

Meatball Grinders!

I grew up calling 'em 'grinders' & 'heroes' like in NY, but out here they are 'submarine sandwiches' or just 'subs'. (Or 'hoagies' which doesn't sound like something I'd want to eat.)

Bell, another good one that's very easy to make is a Meatball Grinder- just good homemade Italian meatballs & spaghetti sauce & cheese if you want on a fresh warm roll or a long baguette. You can use parmesan, provolone or mozzarella if you like cheese.

*Don't try to be too neat; the sloppier the better with these. If you don't get spaghetti sauce on your shirt while eating it you did it wrong.

I made my spicy BBQ Shredded Chicken sandwiches again last night, yum!

Comment

We have loads of Subway Sandwich shops over here in the UK and they do sarnies with anything you want in that are the shape of well submarines...

Comment

Working...
                                X