Trivia For Our Inner Dummy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob:
    You're gettin' to be as good as me in bullshittin'.
    Well done, buddy.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Comment

• I will pass on the scrapple.

(As for diaries, I really believe the FM on Mary's wall is part of some writing impressed on the picture or a negative of the picture somewhere along the line. There are other letters barely visible, making a word or abbreviation. It is only noticeable in one version which may go a long way to explaining why I never could see the FM previously. I just did a quick search of the pictures in Mary's room and sure enough, FM shows up in one version but not--to me at least--other versions. I did a Points to Ponder post on this which is there for posterity if I am right.)

Otherwise, concerning JtR diaries, as I recall "My Private Life" was suggested to be a diary by Jack & there was that book about the Welsh doctor which I think was also advertised as a diary but wasn't. Relevant pages from that doctor's diary were cut out for the autumn of 1888.
      The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

• there was that book about the Welsh doctor which I think was also advertised as a diary but wasn't. Relevant pages from that doctor's diary were cut out for the autumn of 1888.
        -Anna Morris-

You're referring to John Williams, the subject matter of 'Uncle Jack'.
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
          there was that book about the Welsh doctor which I think was also advertised as a diary but wasn't. Relevant pages from that doctor's diary were cut out for the autumn of 1888.
          -Anna Morris-

You're referring to John Williams, the subject matter of 'Uncle Jack'.
          Well, yeah, but I have little regard for the book so I didn't make it too plain. I bought the book. The write up was quite built up and I didn't think I had learned anything at the end. And I never really got the point.

Comment

• Anna:

I posted that for those who might not know about the book....Jennifer Pegg took the author and the book apart a few years ago.

The author reminded me of the fellow going around now pushing H. H. Holmes as the Ripper. Both Williams, author of the Uncle Jack book and Mudgett, purveyor of the Holmes theory, are related to the subjects of their books.
            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
              Anna:

I posted that for those who might not know about the book....Jennifer Pegg took the author and the book apart a few years ago.

The author reminded me of the fellow going around now pushing H. H. Holmes as the Ripper. Both Williams, author of the Uncle Jack book and Mudgett, purveyor of the Holmes theory, are related to the subjects of their books.
              Yeah. They are related. If I dig deep enough in my family history I can't find, I could probably write a book about cousin Kosminski who was Jack. LOL!

Where I got lost in the Uncle Jack book was that a little box with a glass microscope slide might hold the key to Jack & Mary Kelly. I didn't get the point. (I wonder if the purveyors of the shawl know about the existence of this glass slide?)

Comment

• December 19, 2016

Time once again to pick yer brain....

Who or what is Juan Pollen ?
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Juan Pollen was the younger brother of Argentinian dictator Juan Peron. Juan Pollen shunned politics. He kept bees and sold little jars of honey at church bazaars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                    Juan Pollen was the younger brother of Argentinian dictator Juan Peron. Juan Pollen shunned politics. He kept bees and sold little jars of honey at church bazaars.
                    Sounds like a one off.

Comment

• Juanderful try, Bob....but incorrect.
                      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• A fried chicken salesman.

Comment

• A quick Google search indicates Juan Pollen is when they have a pollen count in San Juan Capistrano, California.

In addition Google gravely notes that Juan Pollen has never tried to contact me. I am disappointed. He has a sexy name....

HOWEVER: The Juan Pollen Letter was found by Chris Scott and he posted the information on Casebook, 1/9/04. www.casebook.org/forum/messages/4923/9052.html

It was a letter read at Dr. Neil Cream's trial, providing an alibi for Cream in the poisoning cases. Juan Pollen signed off, "alias Jack the Ripper."

Caz posted on this long ago thread so I'm surprised she didn't beat me to the answer.

Comment

• Correctamundo, Anna ! Well done
                            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• January 26, 2017

Trivia time....

Was the murder rate for Late Victorian Britain higher or lower than the murder rate for, say, 1970's Britain ?
                              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

• Lower.

Comment

Working...
                                X