Trivia For Our Inner Dummy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure that this is a close enough affiliation
    (though someone recently claimed in a book that he was the Ripper)
    is it that Dr Barnardo guy with all the charity homes?
    Can't recall his first name; he did a lot of work for poor children.

Archaic

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
    Trivia For The Evening..........

Most of us know that Sir Robert Anderson was affiliated with the Plymouth Brethren, a strict Christian sect.

Name another individual from our studies who was also affiliated in some way with those people.

Comment

Archy:

No, Dr. Thomas Barnardo ( who, not surprisingly, has been suggested as a suspect in the WM ) is not the answer.
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

plymouth brethren

But isn't that the group he belonged to, the Plymouth Brethren?

So now there is a 3rd Ripper personality involved with them? That's kind of weird.

They were some kind of early Dispensationalists, waiting for the Rapture....

:amen:

Comment

Aleister Crowley.

Barnardo was involved with them.....along with the Acid Bath murderer Haigh.

Monty

Comment

Monty is right once more !

Crowley is the name that that was sought.

Thanks for the info on Barnardo & Haigh ,Monty.

Nice try Archy. You were right too.
            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

How - please give those who havent been to Yale, Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, Eton etc etc a question that we may have a remote possibility of answering??????!!!!!

Comment

Dear Bell:

I'm sorry if these questions have been a little tough. There's a good reason for that my dear...

I have only two goals in life,honey....one is to be a warm and passionate....understanding and caring...considerate and protective husband to whatsherface over here....and to perpetually stump Robert Linford in trivia contests and challenges. Here's one for you to consider:

Which Ripper suspect ( a modern one, not from 1888 as far as we know ) weighed ( thats right...weighed...) 79 pounds when he died ?
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

How about some trivia for our Outer Dummies?

By the way, Monty, thanks for chiming in about Barnardo...but you should never confuse poor Howie with facts.

I know if I'd answered 'Crowley' he'd have said "Wrong- I was thinking of Barnardo." It's OK, I'm used to it.

*But wait...maybe our Glorious Leader DIDN'T KNOW that Dr Barnardo was also a member of the Plymouth Brethren?? Oops, sorry, heresy...Perish the thought.

>>Maybe Currerbell should get a chance to ask How some obscure trivia questions??

Comment

Archy:

Unlike you, if I make a mistake or "miss a question"......I'll say..."Hey, I missed that question. My mistake". As a matter of fact, I didn't know Barnardo came from Plymouth Brethren. Thanks for pointing that out.

Why don't you answer the question I just placed....and show me something ?
                    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Currerbell View Post
                      How - please give those who havent been to Yale, Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, Eton etc etc a question that we may have a remote possibility of answering
                      Posh Wallace Greenslade attends a job interview at the BBC, and is surprised to see the dimwitted Eccles sitting outside the office, waiting to be called in...

Greenslade: Don't tell me you're applying for the position of BBC announcer!

Eccles: Oh yer! And I'll get da job, too. I'm wearin' my Cambridge tie!

Greenslade: You - YOU were at Cambridge?

Eccles: Yup!

Greenslade: What did you do at Cambridge?

Eccles: I bought dis tie.

(Spike Milligan, The Goon Show)

Comment

Why don't you answer the question I just placed....and show me something ?
                        Because I honestly don't know the answer to this one, and if I google it I'm just demonstrating my ingenious ability to google, that's why!

But I'll take a STAB just to humor you, Oh Humorless One.

I know it's not Sutcliffe because he's still alive, so I'll guess... Karen Carpenter?

No, wait- Michael Jackson???

Archaic

Comment

Which Ripper suspect ( a modern one, not from 1888 as far as we know ) weighed ( thats right...weighed...) 79 pounds when he died ?
                          Joseph Merrick?

Comment

Good try Sammy...but Jon Simons is correct !

Good going Jon....

Archaic..from you,those were good answers.
                            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Archy:

All kidding aside...I know you're a bright lady.

Here's a trivia question right up your alley. Its got to do with ...the horse...and the LVP...... and poop.

Stay off the Google.

In 1894...a writer for the Times ( Thats a newspaper,Archy)....stated that by the year 1944 ( or 50 years from 1894 ) that every street in London would be under ___ feet of horse poop if something wasn't done in time to alleviate the problem of horse manure in the Big Smoke ( London).

How many feet did he estimate, Archy ?

1. 0 feet....but 11 inches.

2. 2 feet of manure

3. 9 feet of manure.

4. None. I made this story up.
                              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Hey, I've actually heard of this one!

An ordinary (not large) 1,000 lb horse can produce 35 lbs of manure a day- almost as much as Mr Brown can- so I will go with the largest number.

50 years = a real lotta Road Apples. (technical term, sorry)

My answer is 9 feet.

Archaic

PS: What kind of a guy would actually want to calculate 50 years of horse sh*t???

Comment

Working...
                                X