• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTR Timeline - new to me

http://www.altereddimensions.net/cri...rTimeline.aspx

Amigo:

I must be going senile, because I cannot recall this ( in purple ) :

February 27, 1891 -- Inquest into the murder of Frances Coles completed.
    A scare similar to the 'Leather Apron' scare of September, 1888, begins anew with a man named Jacobs, believed by the public to be the killer soon after the Frances Coles murder.

Do you remember this ?
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

I note that the whole Stephenson saga is missing from the timeline, as is the birth of How.

Comment

Yeah...I noticed they left out other top suspects like Vincent Van Gogh and Paganini, Mike.
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
          Amigo:

A scare similar to the 'Leather Apron' scare of September, 1888, begins anew with a man named Jacobs, believed by the public to be the killer soon after the Frances Coles murder.

Do you remember this ?
          Hi How
          This was mentioned recently - Jacobs was the young Jewish man with the plate on his way to get his supper from Dorset Street. But where the idea emerged that he was a suspect I don't know
          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
            Amigo:

Do you remember this ?
            See Christopher J. Morley's entry for "Jacobs" in his Jack the Ripper: A Suspect Guide:

"After the murder of Frances Coles, a rumour began to circulate that the killer was a butcher, who wore a leather apron. Jacobs a slaughterhouse butcher wore such an apron so came under suspicion from angry street mobs, and had to be rescued on several occasions by the police. There is no evidence to connect Jacobs with the Whitechapel murders."

Eddleston's Encyclopedia also discusses Jacobs.
            Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
            https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
            Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris G. View Post
              See Christopher J. Morley's entry for "Jacobs" in his Jack the Ripper: A Suspect Guide:

"After the murder of Frances Coles, a rumour began to circulate that the killer was a butcher, who wore a leather apron. Jacobs a slaughterhouse butcher wore such an apron so came under suspicion from angry street mobs, and had to be rescued on several occasions by the police. There is no evidence to connect Jacobs with the Whitechapel murders."

Eddleston's Encyclopedia also discusses Jacobs.
              Thanks Chris - different Jacobs!

Comment

Gents:

Thanks ! I did forget about the recent thread you started, Chris...and didn't know about Leeson's Jacobs, CG.
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

That's the Isaac Jacobs with a plate at the McKenzie murder scene in 1889

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                    That's the Isaac Jacobs with a plate at the McKenzie murder scene in 1889
                    Oops! Wrong murder

Comment

Hi all,
                      Found this amongst my notes:

According to Tom Cullen,in 'The Crimes and Times of Jack the Ripper', there was a Jew called Jacobs, who worked in a slaughterhouse and who was also known as Leather Apron. (Pg 66)

He went mad eventually and committed suicide, from the unwanted attention.
                      Dave
                      "From Hull, Hell and Halifax, Good Lord deliver us."

Comment

Working...
                      X