Name Your Clue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Your Clue

Beginning with the Smith murder all the way through to the Coles murder....is there at least one clue you believe valid ( physical...or based on a hunch that won't go away) found in the Case that you'd like to share ?

Thank you
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

IMO researchers should keep their eyes and minds open to identifying a man with a limp or odd gait who could have been JtR. A man with an awkward gait, who walked like his knees did not bend, was seen leaving the area of Hanbury Street about the time Annie's remains were found. BS Man "lurched along as though drunk" until he accosted Liz at the gate to Dutfield's Yard.

About as soon as Mary Kelly's murder was announced, women told the press about the creepy man with the odd eyes and gait. Mrs. Lewis, under oath, told the inquest about a man with similar description. (A different witness at least told the press of Mary being in company with a man with odd eyes close to the time of her murder. We have no idea if this man had an odd gait or not.)

To date, as far as I know, this matter of a man with an odd/awkward/lurching gait has never been mentioned in connection with any known suspect.

Was there one such man? Was he JtR? Who was he? Was there a man with a criminal history or history of violence in the area who had an odd gait? I would be very interested in more information along this line.
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

The knife wrapped in a blood-soaked cloth found by Thomas Coram next door to 254 Whitechapel Road on October 1st.

Comment

The trajectory from Mitre Square to Goulston Street, the abandonment of the apron there, and the almost-daytime murder at Hanbury Street point firmly to a killer who lived in the immediate vicinity.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
        (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          The trajectory from Mitre Square to Goulston Street, the abandonment of the apron there, and the almost-daytime murder at Hanbury Street point firmly to a killer who lived in the immediate vicinity.
          True. I wonder if the killer had more than one bolt hole? Some suggestions have been made about the Kosminski character having family or empty businesses available to him in different locations.

Plus, some descriptions of distressed and abandoned buildings at that time, indicate that a person who knew every corner of the slum could have had many paths of escape and places to hide.

Comment

How do we know the trajectory?

Comment

Speaking of trajectories in leaving crime scenes, everything we can learn about escape routes through unlocked buildings is helpful. Reading the Lipski case really got my attention on this subject and I take particular notice when anything similar is mentioned in old cases or articles. IMO a crude and simple way to describe the escape routes in the East End is that the whole environment was a sieve for those who knew how to flee.

I have never found specific information about the Wentworth buildings on Goulston Street but if we apply Occam's Razor to that time and place, the killer likely entered one side of the building and exited out another. Perhaps he even had enough time to express his thoughts on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                How do we know the trajectory?
                I mean the direction of flight, not the precise path.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

I mean the direction of flight, not the precise path.
                  Iím on my Haydon Square hobby horse again. 😀

Comment

I have heard graphologists declare that the Lusk Letter is different from the other ones. The person writing it was noticeably disturbed, as shown in the force of the handwriting. Although it falls short as being called a valid clue to the Whitechapel crimes, it still should be studied nonetheless.

I was recently re-reading Stewart and Keith's fine book Letters From Hell. Page 70 had a item in it. The grandson of George Lusk had written a letter to the editor of the London Hospital Gazette in April 1966. Here is what he wrote:

Dear Sir,

I have the Press reports of the article in your Gazette about the "Ripper" case and would be glad if you would send me a copy of the reprint if it is ready. Perhaps you will be good enough to let me know the cost so that I can send you a postal order.

I am particularly interested in your article because George Lusk was my grandfather. At the time of the murders he was a builder and well-known in the Whitechapel district, hence his Chairmanship of the Vigilance Committee. He lived at the time in Alderny Road which is not far from the London Hospital; I believe he either did some work in the hospital or for some of the staff and in his later years he believed that the kidney was sent to him as a practical joke by someone in the London Hospital ! This theory of his may of course have been a way of consoling himself for the fright he had when the parcel containing the kidney came to him through the post, he sought police protection for some days after.

Yours faithfully,

(Leonard T. Archer)

Comment

The arrangement of the body parts. They weren't scattered in a frenzy. In fact, the disposition of Kelly's organs looks like the result of a curious young man taking apart a watch to see how it works.

Comment

Probably that JTR was likely to have been exactly the opposite in demeanour to what they were expecting in 1888. The manner in which he approached and coaxed his victims (as described by the witnesses) and the manner in which he seamlessly made his escapes show that he must have had his faculties about him to some degree, and that he had a personality and appearance which didn't invite immediate suspicion - exactly as we have seen in other, more recent serial killer cases. I don't believe we're looking for a madman here (bipolar / schizophrenic, perhaps), we're looking for somebody who was, outwardly at least....normal. Which makes it a lot more difficult.

Cheers,
                        Adam.

Comment

To Join JTR Forums :
                          Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Working...
                          X