A short goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A short goodbye

This is just a quick note to all my friends on Forums that I am withdrawing from the field of Ripper studies for at least a while, possibly permanently.
    A number of things have contributed to this which it is not necessary to go into. However, on a more positive note, it will give me more time for the load of other projects I have on the go which have been sorely neglected.
    The last thing Ripper related which I will see through is the reissue of Will the Real Mary Kelly? as Corey and Justin have put in a lot of work and I want to do right by them.
    Thanks to all my friends on Forums and I really do wish you all the best.
    Chris Scott

Chris, unlike so many who say this sort of thing for attention and come back a few days later, I believe you actually mean this. Great shame. You are one of those people who is (as far as I know) universally looked up to, who is always a gentleman, who has no loony theories to peddle and is greatly skilled. Hoping you'll return in due course. People seldom seem to disappear entirely when they're this far ingrained.

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd

Comment

Chris, I echo everything Philip said. I am hoping that you will be back.

Comment

I am so sorry to see you go. As a lurker I take great pleasure in reading your posts and you will be sorely missed. If issues that sometimes raise their ugly heads here have driven you away then shame on the people that post negative and insulting posts.-All they do is drive people who can guide us newbies away -at the cost of diminishing the study of Jack the Ripper.
        Hope you will come back at some point.
        Carole Hughes

Comment

Take care Chris,

I wish you all the best walking on whichever path you choose, and a huge thank you for all that you have done for not only our benefit, but for me on a personal level.

I will miss your input, and will miss you chap.

Hopefully catch you at some stage, somewhere.

Best regards
          Neil

PS Hope you keep an eye on Facebook. Another London Job is upcoming and whilst Im aware, it would be could to see you if you can/want to.

PPS If theres anything you think I can help you with, just give me a shout....not saying there is, just if.

Comment

Hey Chris,

hope the break means you come back feeling refreshed soon.

Best wishes
            Jenni
            "be just and fear not"

Comment

I hope you will be able to 'pop in' from time to time even if just to say hello. Best wishes for the future.

Comment

Very sorry to hear that Chris. I hope you have the chance now to work through whatever it is you need to and look forward to speaking with you again at some point.

Cheers,
                Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
                  This is just a quick note to all my friends on Forums that I am withdrawing from the field of Ripper studies for at least a while, possibly permanently.
                  A number of things have contributed to this which it is not necessary to go into. However, on a more positive note, it will give me more time for the load of other projects I have on the go which have been sorely neglected.
                  The last thing Ripper related which I will see through is the reissue of Will the Real Mary Kelly? as Corey and Justin have put in a lot of work and I want to do right by them.
                  Thanks to all my friends on Forums and I really do wish you all the best.
                  Chris Scott
                  Hello Chris

Sorry to hear about your temporary and perhaps permanent withdrawal from Ripper studies. I hope the latter will not be the case. Your many contributions are highly valued. Take care, Chris.

Best regards

Chris
                  Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
                  https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
                  Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Should have been me,obviously.

Comment

Oh, I do hope you reconsider Chris - please keep popping in if only for a laugh

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do

Regards

Nemo

Comment

Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
                        Should have been me,obviously.
                        Not to me.

Rob

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I read your book on Mary Jane Kelly which is excellent. You will be missed.

Comment

Hi Chris. Ripperology, and our study of it, should not be thought of as interchangeable with our message board posting. If you choose not to post for a while, surely you can still enjoy research and discovery and publication in Ripperologist? Perhaps you've become a little spoiled by so many years of (well deserved) kudos, that when someone challenges you on something you've posted, you take it more personally than you should and feel more abused than was otherwise intended? Just a helpful thought from someone who's always enjoyed your posts.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I think forums are like traveling, great because of the people you meet, shit because of the people you meet.
                              See you soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X