No announcement yet.

The Shawl Controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be fair to you Chris, its unfortunate that the impression any non-ripper person (the editor being one) might get of Ripperologists - a category your name might fall into if not prefixed by Dr. and coming from an academic address - is most probably that they are slightly aggressive loons. Rubenholds widespread coverage in the press and her never failing to mention being attacked by ripper people contributing to that impression in so small measure I imagine.

So your approach to the editor was possibly doomed from the get go, potentially as a result of Ripperologys appalling public image problem.

On your second point......perhaps the shawls provenance problems need to be reexamined.

P

Comment

• I think it's desirable that the questions and concerns raised by Dr Louhelainen's work on the shawl should be aired in the most appropriate places, and I shall be doing my best to ensure that happens.

Comment

• Good for you Chris!

Although Im pretty sure your idea of "appropriate places" and mine are different. I doubt some ripperology conference, ripper podcast or whitechapel society meeting will cut the mustard.

Looking forward to hearing about any progress.

P

Comment

Working...
        X