2010 A-Z: Dr Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caroline Morris View Post
    I quite like the fact that the Caz is the windbag who cannot be blamed for nuffing on this one.

Maybe that explains why I apparently get a mention - one of grateful thanks for not having offered my pedantic services.
    Hi Caz,

On the other hand, if you had proofread it, you might not have appeared as your alter ego, Caroline Morrison, on page 436.

Regards,

Mark
    I bet your Ripper feels better now.

Comment

So I join "Stuart" - or "Steward" - Evans in the name challenged hall of fame?

Can't be bad. I'm just grateful they didn't call me "That ratbag".

At least they are unlikely to get your name wrong. Must be the most mentioned name in the book.

Love,

Caz
      X
      I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

I think they have me down as Robert Lindford with a 'd' but it's just nice to get a mention. I'm very humble.

Any chance of a badge? Nothing gaudy, just something like "Mentioned in authoritative Ripper tome."

Ta.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
          There is quite a significant error in the entry for Dr Phillips in that it states that in his opinion the killer of Stride was standing on her left when he cut the throat, whereas the same passage from the Ultimate Source book states quite clearly that his opinion was that the killer was on her right hand side

The A-Z obviously doesn't have such an extensive report as the Ultimate, which has details of the knife that was found and gives Dr Phillips' opinion on it

The A-Z goes straight into the Dr's opinion on the knife without explanation of which knife he is referring to which may be of some confusion to someone reading the passage without prior knowledge of the case

The A-Z reads...

"He found that the deceased was seized by the shoulders, pressed on the ground, and that the perpetrator of the deed was on the left side when he inflicted the wound. He was of the opinion that the cut was made from left to right of the deceased and from that, therefore, arose the unlikelihood of such a long knife having inflicted the wound described in the neck"

The Ultimate source book has...

"I have come to the conclusion that the deceased was seized by the shoulders, placed on the ground, and that the perpetrator of the deed was on her right side when he inflicted the cut. I am of opinion that the cut was made from left to the right side of the deceased and therefore arises the unlikelihood of such a long knife having inflicted the wound described in the neck"
          Of course Blackwell's opinion differed to this. Being on the wall side would have been difficult...

I've just discovered however that our experts got Liz's position incorrect and i'm going to have to film it again..

Experts ahhh!!

Yours Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X