Hanbury Street In 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanbury Street In 3D

A fellow over on Casebook has produced a short video on You Tube...a 3D walk through 29 Hanbury Street....

Things like this make me sit and wonder what the folks back in 1888 would think if they could see work such as this....and how some of us are so into these crimes and the background of LVP East End. Their collective chins would probably drop to the floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgFZ...ature=youtu.be
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

The gent has other Ripper related videos, here :

https://www.youtube.com/user/rjhaot
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Comment

These computer enhanced thinks are a new art medium. I'd probably do things like this if I was any good with electronics. I have earned my living as an artist but I can't get the feel for electronics.

One thing we can think of via this video is that if Annie had any major fears as she walked through that passage, she could have grabbed the stair railing and screamed and refused to go any farther. What does this tell us about whether or not Jack could chat up his victims? I bet Annie wasn't able to walk very fast. The video, front to back, back to front is a bit over 3 minutes. Might it have taken a minute and a half for Annie & Jack to walk from the street to the backyard?
      The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

There is a house in Princelet Street which is owned by the Landmark Trust. It has a very similar layout to 29, Hanbury Street, the one major difference being the level of the yard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	554939

Comment

Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	554940

Comment

Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	554941

Comment

Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	554942

Comment

Beautiful rendering. Nice and smooth. I'm guessing it's not supposed to be the building at the actual time of the murders, since there's no canopy over the basement door.

Those are great pictures too. Thanks for sharing
                "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                  Beautiful rendering. Nice and smooth. I'm guessing it's not supposed to be the building at the actual time of the murders, since there's no canopy over the basement door.

Those are great pictures too. Thanks for sharing
                  And Brylcream wasn't around in 1888 either.

Comment

Working...
                  X