Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
    Hi Phil,

I'm sure like me you have followed Steve's development of his Buck's Row thinking here and on Casebook. There's little doubt in my mind that he has produced something that will serve as a cornerstone of Ripper research for the future.

Your point about possible errors, though, is well made. I'm hoping that the format of Steve's work is such that it can be amended as and when errors are discovered or, as is more likely, new information becomes available, and that it is not set in stone as some other sources are.

Gary

The aim Gary, is that factual errors will be corrected within 48 hrs of their being pointed out, a new copy would be sent out to all the buyers.
    Of course if that error meant a fuller rewrite was needed, it may take a few days longer, but one would hope within a week.

I am also plnning to look it over every 12 months to see if any new research needs to be included, or rewrites needed.

Major discoveries may require a more instant uodate.

Thats the joy of Epublication.

Steve

Comment

• It will be good to see all the information gathered together in one place. The message boards have their distinct merits, of course, but one of their weaknesses is that info gets posted in fits and starts, and is often swallowed up in all the to-ing and fro-ing between posters.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
      (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        It will be good to see all the information gathered together in one place. The message boards have their distinct merits, of course, but one of their weaknesses is that info gets posted in fits and starts, and is often swallowed up in all the to-ing and fro-ing between posters.

One are where it will help is witness statements:

If you want to look at the evidence in the various witness statement at present, you need to read, each newspaper report, looking for the witness you want.

Here its all in one place, all the statements for say Lechmere are togeather, its searchable too of course.

Steve

Comment

• update 28th November.

a quick update.
          As many will know I moved in late summer from London to Glasgow.
          And I was expecting the book to be ready this week. However l moved into a 1 bed flat 24th October, at very short notice, and it has taken more time than i expected to set up.

Therefore the book is knocked back by a month, it is a great pity it will not be out for Xmas, but expect it very early in January.

Again sorry for the delay.

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X