No announcement yet.

Forensic Genealogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An AncestryDNA endorsement blog about four sisters with different ethnicity results:

https://blogs.ancestry.ca/cm/whos-mo...tent+Marketing

Comment

The DNA results are in. I'll post them as soon as I get the nerve to look at them.

Comment

Without further ado:

Italian/Greek 57%
        Western Europe 24%
        Iberian Peninsula 8%
        Irish 6%
        Eastern Europe 3%
        Scandinavian 2%

Comment

I believe I got everything right except for the Italian part.

I should have known they'd go with the Garibaldian interpretation. Northern Leaguers could question that.

But for the sake of Roslyn D'Onston and the British Excursionists, I'll suck it up and fork over the ten for the forum.

I guess I can't trade in my Armani for lederhosen!

Comment

Italian/Greek 57%
            Western Europe 26%
            Iberian Peninsula 8%
            Irish 5% ---------------------(That's why I said beware of 'Mama's baby, Papa's maybe'--HB)
            Eastern Europe 3%
            Scandinavian 2%

Comment

I'm guessing it was either a soldier or a priest.

Or else the stories of Mary Jane Kelly and Sir Arthur Sullivan, descended from old Italian family the Righys, are true and I'm Mary's real long lost descendant through Umberto Eco's foundling grandfather. I'm the Royal Blood. The Sangreal.

P.S. I got 40 cousins with Pennsylvanians in their roots. So otherwise things are pretty predictable DNA wise.

I have to go. The Freemasons are after me.

Comment

Originally posted by San Fran View Post
                I'm guessing it was either a soldier or a priest.

Or else the stories of Mary Jane Kelly and Sir Arthur Sullivan, descended from old Italian family the Righys, are true and I'm Mary's real long lost descendant through Umberto Eco's foundling grandfather. I'm the Royal Blood. The Sangreal.

P.S. I got 40 cousins with Pennsylvanians in their roots. So otherwise things are pretty predictable DNA wise.

I have to go. The Freemasons are after me.
                Hi San,

My money's on the priest!

Best wishes,

Sean.

Comment

And you're bragging ?

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post

And you're bragging ?
                    I'm bragging that I was right. Not that I have Pennsylvanians in my tree. Those are spliced hybrids.

P.S. Here's another famous case solved by genetics. Zana, the Russian bigfoot, was a Sub-Saharan African. The book cover sensationalizes the scientific discovery for sales purposes but it's a major story in unsolved mysteries.

http://doubtfulnews.com/2015/04/the-...-dna-analysis/

Comment

Zana, the Russian bigfoot, was a Sub-Saharan African.
                      Dr. Jean Poole

That's a relief ! Here I was ready to plop 50 down on her being of definite Magyar origin.
                      Thanks Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by San Fran View Post
                        Italian/Greek 57%
                        Western Europe 24%
                        Iberian Peninsula 8%
                        Irish 6%
                        Eastern Europe 3%
                        Scandinavian 2%
                        I've corrected the numbers. Saints and begorrah I'm even more Irish.

I know it's on my father's side because my first cousin is on there and he's Irish too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Crundall View Post
                          Hi San,

My money's on the priest!

Best wishes,

Sean.
                          My money was on a Celtic priest. Maybe a DNA admixture.

Now I think it might be a soldier from "The Flight of the Wild Geese" in 1691. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flig...the_Wild_Geese

Comment

Just realized I hadn't posted my DNA results ( Frigging memory )...only fair to do so since the racial mischmaschvolk that is San Fran needs company.

I always knew that I had an Asian forebearer ( My one granny looked like Chief Dan George from 'The Outlaw Josey Wales', from the side)...well, anyway...I blew my one and only shot at Hitler Youth

East Europe 37 % (Your Polacks, Slovaks, Magyars, and whatever)
                            Great Britain 32 % ( English...no Irish as I had previously thought)
                            Scandinavia 15% ( Ja, ja..stolt over å være norsk ! )
                            West Europe 8% ( Belgian, French, etc.)
                            Iberian Peninsula (Spain, Portugal ) 1% ( Thinking Spanish...)
                            Italy/Greece 3%
                            West Asia ( India, Pakistan) 3% (
                            Asia ( Nepal) 1%

I think the two Asian groups are either the Mongol Horde and/or Gypsies.

Comment

I make that 101%.

Comment

Typo, Sahib !
                                Thanks Bobosan...

Comment

Working...
                                X