No announcement yet.

Geographic Profiling Map of Spectacle Killers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he has an anchor point somewhere, the map would show it. He can't have kept traveling the whole 15 years or so. My book only has the Railway Rapists from England but I can come up with a map. But I might have an entire country or Mexican province as a buffer zone.

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...oad+Killer.pdf

Comment

I finally got around to reading about Duffy & Mulcahy, the British turd known as the Railway Rapists..

Both were ambulatory, weren't they ? I didn't read anything about vehicles although I might be wrong.
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Thanks San...

What value do you see in the map in determining his base ? Not that I assumed you did....or didn't.
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Here's the map again. I inserted a map of the railroads and added the Houston attack.

Click image for larger version

Name:	111geoprorailroad.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	574816

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
            Thanks San...

What value do you see in the map in determining his base ? Not that I assumed you did....or didn't.
            I haven't looked at any residences or anchor points that he had yet. I think we can both agree he has an anchor in Texas.

Comment

That we can.

Even with that anchor, his next murder could have occurred anywhere within in the 2,000 miles between Kentucky & California.
              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

It's not the point to find out where his next murder is going to take place. I think you've been watching too many of the old Batman TV shows, Master Brown.

Comment

Having an 'anchor' in Texas....what does that signify ?

Texas is almost 3 times bigger than England.

You can also fit 10 European countries inside Texas.

To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Most would say San Antonio was an anchor since he hit it 3 times. I'll stick my head out and say he might have been settled around there for his first two but not afterward, or most likely not during his two year spree. I just looked at his first attack in San Antonio which were two people he met at a homeless shelter.

He wasn't settled at that point. But if a nomadic spectacle killer settles down for any period of time, he'd want to have a large buffer zone because he knows how much attention his crimes will attract. He came back to Texas at least 5 times during his 2 year spree.

I'd have to look at an urban map of Texas to pick a likely location. But if I was looking for a possible anchor point, I'd be looking at the next highest population centers outside of San Antonio starting with Houston and Austin. He seems like a downtown dweller rather than a suburban guy.

Click image for larger version  Name:	large-detailed-roads-and-highways-map-of-texas-state-with-all-cities-small.jpg Views:	0 Size:	446.9 KB ID:	574779

Comment

Okay, it seems now that he was a farm worker so he would work seasonal farm work in Texas. His base would not be in a Texas city but a farming area using seasonal workers. Those bases should be in the buffer zone.

His urban base, if he had one, would then be in Mexico.
                      Last edited by San Fran; February 14, 2021, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by San Fran View Post
                        His urban base, if he had one, would then be in Mexico.
                        His anchor was in Rodeo, Mexico.

https://www.oxygen.com/mark-of-a-kil...lroads-victims

Comment

His Texas anchor point would be the rice fields. https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...r-1104504.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	resendiz3.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	574836

Comment

That we can.

Even with that anchor, his next murder could have occurred anywhere within in the 2,000 miles between Kentucky & California.
                            To my astonishment, I discovered that looking for his next murder would actually be possible with a geoprofile once you realize he's a migrant worker. You could just go to the next harvest location at the next harvest season. He went to the tobacco fields of Kentucky, the asparagus fields of Washington. He'd pick oranges in California and Florida or harvest rice in Texas.

He committed crimes in Kentucky in the summer during the tobacco season, and the orange season ends in March when he committed a murder in Ocala, Florida.

Comment

It seems to me, as a layman, that geographical profiling will only have occasional success in ascertaining the general area in which the killer or killers live if the killer or killers are ambulatory.
                              As it turns out, our top prostitute killer appears to have been ambulatory in the 90s.... He was caught in 2010. I find that interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X