• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lizzie Borden Murders Autopsies

http://www.crimearchives.net/1893_bo...l/autopsy.html

http://www.thechanceryhouse.com/resi...ts_autopsy.htm

Also of interest:

http://murderpedia.org/female.B/b/bo...e-photos-2.htm

Oh my goodness. I should of not clicked on this. That Lizzie Borden was pure evil.

Comment

Andrew
      He got tore up a lot worse than what most people realize.
      To Join JTR Forums, Contact :
      Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Mrs. Borden was damaged a lot more. She seemed to be the focal point of the attack.
        The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Abby Borden was killed with a hatchet, the killer administering nineteen blows. Ninety minutes later, down in the sitting room, the newly returned Andrew got eleven blows. Lizzie Borden went on trial for the murders of her stepmother and her father. She was found not guilty, and the controversy about the case has continued ever since!

Comment

Originally posted by Curryong View Post
            Abby Borden was killed with a hatchet, the killer administering nineteen blows. Ninety minutes later, down in the sitting room, the newly returned Andrew got eleven blows. Lizzie Borden went on trial for the murders of her stepmother and her father. She was found not guilty, and the controversy about the case has continued ever since!
            Was she found "Not Guilty" or just aquitted?

Comment

Cajun:

She was acquitted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizzie_...ph.3c23237.jpg
              Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                Have you been to the Borden house, Howard? I visited it with Martin Fido. On a chest outside the servantS room on the top floor was a paperback of the A to Z.

Comment

Paul:
                  Yes sir, we've been there. I overlooked the copy of the A to Z if it was there when we were, though.
                  Give it a look :

http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread....%22#post243934

Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

In spite of the gory photos the Lizzie Borden case is a very intriguing and interesting one. There's a Lizzie Borden Society Forum and I enjoy posting on it. There are many theories about the murders but I believe Lizzie was the killer.

By the way, the servant, Bridget Sullivan, 'Maggie' to the Borden sisters, never became wealthy. She married quite late in life and left only a few thousand dollars when she died.

Comment

Wasn't there a (male) cousin who could have been the killer? As it was Andrew Borden was not exactly a pleasant individual by all accounts and there were dozens of people with a motive.

Comment

No male cousins that I know of, but there was John Morse. He was uncle to Lizzie and her sister Emma, the brother of their dead mother. He had come to stay the day before the murders, without so much as a toothbrush (that was the way he travelled) and stayed overnight. He had a cast iron alibi for the time of the murders as he was visiting another niece in the town.

John Morse and Andrew Borden got on very well as they were both business-minded and didnt like to spend 10 cents when five would do!

Comment

Phil...
                          The story with Andrew Borden is that he was, in all honesty, a self made man. However, he was also a self made cheap bastard....who (just talking about this in the Jeep with Nina on the way home from work ) paid factory owners to let him know when their employees got raises...those employees, that is, who were also some of his tenants. Then, the self made mutt would raise the rent on those workers.....
                          No surprise someone took him out for good...
                          Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Philip: There is a book written a while back that said Andrew Borden's illigetimate son Billy Borden committed the crime. There was a Billy Borden but he probably wasn't a "son" of Andrew J. Borden. Billy Borden seemed to be mentally ill and loved his hatchet.

The DA Knowlton however received and kept an odd letter from about August 12, 1892 which also had an illegitimate son theme. Nicknamed the "Gordon Bordon letter" on the Lizzie Borden forum (HI, Curryong!), it also details the anger and revenge of a spurned son. I find some interesting things in this letter though probably not much truth. The inconvenient truth on that one is while Borden rhymes with Gordon, it isn't spelled the same. I can't remember if the writer claimed to have dictated it to someone or if that is my thought. Anyway it is an interesting piece since it dates to the time.
                            The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Thanks Anna, thats who I had in mind. Didn't he claim to be Andrew Borden's illegitimate son a claim which was rejected?

Comment

Working...
                              X