Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Apple's maps found the Loch Ness Monster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have Apple's maps found the Loch Ness Monster?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ge-Nessie.html

It's probably a rat.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
    (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Here's the answer

Comment

Sorry chaps, it's the missus having her weekly bath

Comment

large boat

Hello All. Actually, if one looks very carefully, it resembles a rather large boat with froth and foam about it.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

HI Lynn

Very well observed, I think you have come up with the solution.

Looking at the picture suggests that the lower left hand wave is a bow wave, the middle wave probably coming from water pushed away by the hull, and top right the wake of a ships propeller.

Looking again at the lower left hand picture I think I can make out two small white lines in a vee shape this could be the ships bow and forecastle.

If it were known what date the picture was taken it might be possible to check with the Caledonian Canal if any similar ship was in the canal on that date.

Rgds
            John

Comment

bingo

Hello John. Thanks.

Just what I was thinking.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

Lynn and John, you two need to have a good look at yourselves in the mirror. Why does it need to be a boat when it can be a mythical monster?

Cheers,
                Adam.

Comment

Hi Lynn

Not that I am saying you are wrong, I did however read that this was not possible due to 'insert technical talk' basically I think due to angles/parts of the pic shown means that it couldn't be a boat on top of the water. The next best thing would be a submarine but there are no records to show any in the vicinity for that day, which apparently they have to do.

Me personally, I like the idea of the mystery of Nessie, if we found him/her then we would have no more mystery and let's face someone would come up with the stupid idea of catching it and putting it in a zoo!
                  If you're going to be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.

Comment

navus

Hello Tracy. Thanks.

I read an article (yesterday, I believe) and it was supposed to be a boat that had been photoshopped--if I understood the story.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

Hi Lynn

Really? Nessie hoax strikes again, didn't think we would fall for another one.

I remember years ago I used to have an axolotl, Fred, he was so cute!!, anyway the shape reminded me of him when you could see him coming to the surface, suppose your brain makes shapes it recognises. Obviously Nessie would have been a lot bigger, wasn't thinking it would be the size of Fred, I can just imagine now, these huge ripples in teh water and a little Salamander totters out!
                      If you're going to be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.

Comment

site

Hello Tracy. Thanks.

Here's a link to a site that claims the boat was removed. If so, it was a rum job as I think I can see the boat still.

Cheers.
                        LC

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmack...-ness-monster/

Comment

Yeah, it "Looks" like a boat, but in actuality it is Nessie taking on the form of a boat.

SPERO IN DEO

Comment

shape

Hello WC. Thanks.

Shape shifting, eh? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

Just got posted on Twitter via Facebook~ 'Southern Fried Science' explains this picture is a "low resolution satellite picture" depicting the wake of a boat. Boat isn't visible. (I tagged something that looked just like this on Tomnod, re missing MH370. Tagged it as the plane. They said no one else saw it that way and I didn't score extra points. Guess I know what it was now.)
                              The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Working...
                              X