X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wikipedia

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Stewart and How
    I cannot thank both of you enough for the outstanding help in posting these articles
    Believe me you have helped enormously and will of course be credited when the article is written and I shall forward a copy of the finished piece when done
    Thanks again
    Chris S
    Chris, pleased to help. The definitive account of the case by Mike Dash can be reached through the Wikipedia entry on the Devil's Hoofprints, it runs to over 80 pages. You will see that Mike credits Paul in his acknowledgements.

Comment

Thanks again Stewart
      I found the Mike Dash document at
      http://www.mikedash.com/assets/files/Devil's%20Hoofmarks.pdf
      and it is absolutely invaluable
      Muich appreciated
      Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SPE View Post
        Chris, pleased to help. The definitive account of the case by Mike Dash can be reached through the Wikipedia entry on the Devil's Hoofprints, it runs to over 80 pages. You will see that Mike credits Paul in his acknowledgements.
        Well, well, and so he does. That's rather pleasing. Goes to show we have interests outside the Ripper, Stewart.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
          Well, well, and so he does. That's rather pleasing. Goes to show we have interests outside the Ripper, Stewart.
          Absolutely, I'm a bit of a fan of Forteana too. I was introduced to it via the book 'Phenomena: A Book of Wonders' in the late 70s. 'The Unexplained' partwork duly followed (with, I believe contributions from both Paul and Melvin Harris) and I still like to dip in occasionally via Fortean Times.

The 'Devil's Footprints' case is one I fondly remember reading about (along with the Hexham Heads, Black Dogs and 'the great American monster', aka Bigfoot).

Comment

Originally posted by John Bennett View Post
            Absolutely, I'm a bit of a fan of Forteana too. I was introduced to it via the book 'Phenomena: A Book of Wonders' in the late 70s. 'The Unexplained' partwork duly followed (with, I believe contributions from both Paul and Melvin Harris) and I still like to dip in occasionally via Fortean Times.

The 'Devil's Footprints' case is one I fondly remember reading about (along with the Hexham Heads, Black Dogs and 'the great American monster', aka Bigfoot).
            I remember looking forward to Forteana, my copy of which I found the other day. That was Bob Rickard's book, produced when he produced Fortean Times as a roneod publication. I was a contributor to it back then, I think principally on the disappearance of the 1/5th Norfolk in WWI. And yes, I also wrote for The Unexplained and in light of our later conflicts it would surprise some to know that Melvin's name and mine actually appear on one article as joint authors!

Comment

That's right...

That's right Paul, quite a lot.

I love all your work on disappearances etc., the Mary Celeste, Bermuda Triangle, the Norfolks, etc.

Comment

It's mysteries, isn't it? And Jack the Ripper is another great mystery.

Comment

Hi Chris,

I first read about this case in my much-loved Weekend Book of Ghosts, which my parents foolishly bought from a second-hand bookshop for me when I was about six. I have to say that some of the other cases in the book really scared me: Richard Whittington-Egan's account of an investigation into a haunting in a house in Huyton gave me nightmares for years, but I don't remember being similarly impressed by the Devil's Footprints story. Still, I turned straight to the right page in the book when I'd read this thread, so maybe it did stay with me after all...

I hope you'll cast your sceptical eye over Gef the Talking Mongoose at some point! Now that case really is good fun!

Regards,

Mark
                  I bet your Ripper feels better now.

Comment

And yes, I also wrote for The Unexplained and in light of our later conflicts it would surprise some to know that Melvin's name and mine actually appear on one article as joint authors!
                    I believe I have that article.

Comment

My first memory of the Devils Footprints dates back to the early 1980's when my father collected tea cards from packets of tea. One of the collections had all manner of forteana in it, and he had enough to fill two of the books which we still have. Other cases inclused Bermuda Triangle, The Face on Mars, and Mary Celeste.

Comment

Among the usual paranormal mysteries, I used to like reports of OOPARTS (Out of place artefacts) such as a hammer found in a coal seam etc and also things raining from the sky

I thought that was a real mystery when young but have since heard of confirmed "rainfalls" of frogs, fish and needles!

I was (and am) particularly intrigued by the "Mothman" visitations and prophecies

Comment

Chris:

You're more than welcome,amigo.
                          Those three articles were the only ones I could find in the ILN.
                          If I find anything else in another source, I'll send 'em over.
                          To Join JTR Forums :
                          Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Working...
                          X