Contemporary Medical Men- Dr. Bond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contemporary Medical Men- Dr. Bond

I stumbled on this one looking for information on Dr. Bond. It has a portrait of him I personally have never seen, and also a nice biography. Another doctor of note is George Danford Thomas (Coroner for Central Middlesex). Again, a nice portrait is included with a biography.

This volume includes a searchable index at the beginning of several medical men and was printed in 1888.

Here is the link:

Contemporary Medical Men and Their Professional Work: Biographies ..., Volume 2
    edited by John Leyland

https://books.google.com/books?id=u6...20bond&f=false

I see Lawson Tait is in here as well.

Comment

Good going, JD !
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for posting!

I'm always on the lookout for obscure books which make reference to people involved in the case. I must admit that I haven't come across this volume before. I'll look out for a copy.

Didn't Dr Tait opine that the Whitechapel and Thames torso murder's were the work of the same man?

A nice find.

My regards,

Sean.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Crundall View Post
          Hi Jerry,

Thanks for posting!

I'm always on the lookout for obscure books which make reference to people involved in the case. I must admit that I haven't come across this volume before. I'll look out for a copy.

Didn't Dr Tait opine that the Whitechapel and Thames torso murder's were the work of the same man?

A nice find.

My regards,

Sean.
          Thanks, Howard and yes Sean, he did suggest they were one and the same. He also felt the killer may have been a woman.

I was interested to see he performed abdominal sections and "had advanced to his present exalted position amongst professors of abdominal surgery". He probably had an idea or two about the ripper given his credentials.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Dunlop View Post
            Thanks, Howard and yes Sean, he did suggest they were one and the same. He also felt the killer may have been a woman.

I was interested to see he performed abdominal sections and "had advanced to his present exalted position amongst professors of abdominal surgery". He probably had an idea or two about the ripper given his credentials.
            Hi Jerry,

Until I read your post I'd completely forgotten Dr Tait.

I can't go along with his female killer theory, but he does merit research.

I wonder if he was ever consulted during the Whitechapel series of murders?

Best wishes,

Sean.

Comment

Hi Jerry,

Until I read your post I'd completely forgotten Dr Tait.

I can't go along with his female killer theory, but he does merit research.

I wonder if he was ever consulted during the Whitechapel series of murders?

Best wishes,

Sean.
              Hi Sean,

I've always felt a man dressed as a woman was possible. Also, I posted this link over at Casebook in a debate over the Torso killer and JTR being one and the same. Here it is the link for you to read here. From the late, great, Chris Scott.

http://www.casebook.org/forum/messages/4922/12096.html

Comment

I also believe one of the doctors written about here, Malcolm Morris, Dermatologist, is the same man involved in the Charles Legrand/Amelia Porquoi case.

Good picture of Dr. Morris for your next book, Tom Wescott!

Comment

The Section On Dr. Bond

************************************************** *************

To Join JTR Forums :
                  Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Here is a link to Contemporary Medical Men and their Professional Work, Volume 1. Two notable names are Charles Darwin and Sir William Withey Gull. It looks like it was also released in 1888.

https://archive.org/details/b28038629_0001

Comment

Hi Jerry, Yes, it is the same Malcolm Alexander Morris in the book. Atchaic posted about this book on casebook a few years back and I sent Tom the pic of Morris from it, but publishing pics is an expensive business I hear!!

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=4494

Comment

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for posting!

A nice find.

My regards,

Sean.
                        Hi Sean,
                        Meymott Tidy is in Volume 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
                          Hi Jerry, Yes, it is the same Malcolm Alexander Morris in the book. Atchaic posted about this book on casebook a few years back and I sent Tom the pic of Morris from it, but publishing pics is an expensive business I hear!!

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=4494

Thanks Debs,

I should have done a better search before posting. I'm glad it was found one way or the other, it has some interesting info in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Dunlop View Post
                            Thanks Debs,

I should have done a better search before posting. I'm glad it was found one way or the other, it has some interesting info in it.
                            Hi Jerry
                            It is very difficult to find anything posted here on forums or CB using a search engine these days. The CB archives are accessible and can be trawled but I can't find things I know I've definitely posted here myself a lot of the time now!

Comment

Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
                              Hi Sean,
                              Meymott Tidy is in Volume 1.
                              Cheers Debs!

Best wishes,

Sean X.

Comment

Working...
                              X