No announcement yet.

Dr Killeen of Brick Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve just revisited this thread and realised how it perfectly demonstrates Rob Linford’s best qualities. He’s fairly unobtrusive, but with a few deft touches - a link here, a document there, a sprinkling of his trademark humour - he supported what I was clumsily trying to do.

I will miss the old fella!

Comment

• A member of the Killeen family has been in touch via How and kindly shared this photo of Dr Timothy Killeen.

Click image for larger version  Name:	09D2CF13-488F-463C-9CA8-89478103717D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	105.2 KB ID:	572875

Comment

• Thanks Gary !
        To Join JTR Forums :
        Contact [email protected]

Comment

• A very dapper-looking chap. Not quite how I’d imagined him.

Comment

• Very nice, thank you. Apparently the photo is behind a glass frame, showing some reflections of the room and the person taking the photo.

Would be even nicer if one day a proper scan could be made, both for use online but possibly also for future inclusion in Ripperologist, A-Z and other publications. Just something for the family to consider, I guess. Hard to make demands on people just indulging our strange obsession

Is there any info on the approximate date of the photo? He looks youngish, in his 30s?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattrup View Post
              Very nice, thank you. Apparently the photo is behind a glass frame, showing some reflections of the room and the person taking the photo.

Would be even nicer if one day a proper scan could be made, both for use online but possibly also for future inclusion in Ripperologist, A-Z and other publications. Just something for the family to consider, I guess. Hard to make demands on people just indulging our strange obsession

Is there any info on the approximate date of the photo? He looks youngish, in his 30s?
              Hi Kattrup,

Yes, it looks like a modern kitchen reflected in the glass. I was amazed at the family’s generosity in letting me post the photo, it would have been rather churlish of me to quibble over its quality. The person I spoke to was very helpful and offered to answer any questions I might have about Dr K.

I didn’t establish his age in the photo, but he died in his 40s, and in the photo he looks as though he’s in in his 30s/40s I’d say.

I was also sent a photo of his gravestone, which I’ll post later. There’s no inscription visible, but it’s a screenshot from the Clare County Library website which IDs it as Killeen’s.

Gary

Comment

• Killeen Headstone, Kilmaley Graveyard.

The inscription reads: In memory of Timothy Robert Killeen MD, Clonfeigh, died 28-2-1912 aged 48 years. Erected by his wife Mary Ann. [Grave No. 51]

Click image for larger version

Name:	7E34CEF7-C4F4-4BEA-9715-6F0EE6E6B7C0.jpeg
Views:	138
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	572909

From the Clare County Library Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                  A member of the Killeen family has been in touch via How and kindly shared this photo of Dr Timothy Killeen.

Click image for larger version Name:	09D2CF13-488F-463C-9CA8-89478103717D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	105.2 KB ID:	572875
                  Amazing! Thanks for posting this, Gary.

Comment

• Great work Gary! I suppose now there's a photo, he'll become a suspect.
                    Thanks for your time,
                    dusty miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Dusty Miller View Post
                      Great work Gary! I suppose now there's a photo, he'll become a suspect.

I hope not. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dusty Miller View Post
                        Great work Gary! I suppose now there's a photo, he'll become a suspect.
                        Of course! That does not require a photo https://www.jtrforums.com/forum/the-...357#post532357

Comment

• I'll email you, Gary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debra Arif View Post
                            I'll email you, Gary.
                            Okiedoke!

Comment

• Hi Gary,

Excellent work!

It's great to finally see a photo of man!

Best wishes,

Sean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Crundall View Post
                                Hi Gary,

Excellent work!

It's great to finally see a photo of man!

Best wishes,

Sean.
                                Hi Sean,

It brings him to life, doesn’t it. Not how I imagined him at all. I pictured him as thinner and more intense, wearing Donegal tweeds. :-).

I’m hoping to get a better copy from the family.

Hope you are well. I can’t believe they’ve let you and Debs out of the Mango Books basement on the same day! You must be getting close to the finish line.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X