"Who's Who" Discussion/Commentary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Who's Who" Discussion/Commentary Thread

Thread for discussing the 80 page ( on this site ) work provided by Jon Simons ( in this Forum under "Jon Simons' Whitechapel Who's Who" ).
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Excellent read. I sat with a brew and took an hour out from writing and read through it. Great work and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Whats good about this...or rather,great about it Mike...is that you don't have to have books available to find quick and easy references to names that pop up in our studies. In fact, it serves as a book...especially for those who have laptops and are somewhere where books aren't easily accessible or inaccessible.

Besides...its good to see someone mention RDS without the label" black magician" affixed to the old boy's name.
      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Whenever a new ripper book passes my desk, I always look in the Index for RDS, seek out the page and check what has been written about him, it's an obssession, but it gives me real fits!!

Your right about the T'internet Jon, as we Yorkshire folk call it, it does enable us to share things much easier, and gives us a voice.

Comment

Jon:

Just a quick note here...but you would have been simply following in step with just about everyone else who writes about RDS....we've been virtually brainwashed to accept that he practiced black magic....and thats something Mike and I have been working on to reverse. No one would dream of calling Stephenson a "practicing religious tractwriter or practicing adventure story plagiarist"....but he was.

Either way...he's part of the scene and I admit I was "waiting" to see whether you would place him with the mention of "practicing" black magic on the list.

This is for not doing that
          and this for putting the WWW together...
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
            On behalf of everyone who will use this list ( A veritable A-Z by Mr. Simons ), thank you Jon, for this exceptional gift.

This is indeed very very special. Thank you Jon, and you too How as uploading it this way must have taken a fair amount of work.

(Sorry to have originally posted this in the A-Z itself. My bad!)

Comment

I might have missed it. Is there somewhere we can download this list from?
              It would be useful and quicker to be able to search the text of a document on the computer.

Comment

Dear Bob:

No problems buddy. I wanted to keep the thread pristine and forgot to stipulate that at the outset. My mistake.

String:

I do not think Jon will mind. I'll have a go at sending it to you.
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Thanks Howard, it's a useful reference for sure.

Comment

String:

Lemme know if you recieved it and can open/use it.

Gracias senor.
                    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Yep came through fine, it opens in a pdf viewer called preview on this machine. You can search the text fine in that. Very quick for finding stuff.

Comment

Jon has kindly allowed his excellent who's who to be uploaded so that members can read and search the document more easily. Just right click the link and select download file:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2442582/W...2024.09.09.pdf

BTW the document is in PDF format when you download it just double click it. If it won't open download Adobe Acrobat reader from here:

http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/otherversions/

Comment

Jon:

I've added the link to my "signature".

Good going String.
                          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Bump up in order that people with questions for Mr. Simons may place them here and so on and so forth.

One question I have:

In the event of new individuals surfacing, will you be planning to revise the list in a years time?

Thank you Jon.
                            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

I just want to say a big thanks to you, Jon.
                              This is a very useful tool for quick reference when doing research.

Comment

Working...
                              X