• Show
Clear All

• 1902: In The News

Lloyd's Weekly
    June 15,1902
    >>Page 18<<

To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

This article appeared one week prior ( Lloyd's was a weekly periodical) to the threadstarter.
    I find it striking that this story appeared on page 13 and not page 1.
    To me, the scene would fit in snugly with the murders of 1888 ( aside from the obvious difference being that this victim didn't have her throat cut...she had her head severed).
    14 years after the original skein...and this London Black Dahlia...this London Torso Slaying....has been for the most part completely forgotten.

Lloyd's Weekly
    June 8,1902
    Page 13
    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

The boiling, burning and dismemberment would indicate a desire to dispose of the body or to render identification impossible

Why then would the body be deposited in such a public place?

Strange events indeed

It must have been a horrific sight with the head placed on top of the other body parts

Comment

Nemo:

Before I konked out last night, I looked into GenBank and read a story of a child who was found ( Tenement kids were playing ball in Manhattan...the ball eluded one of the kids..he runs into an area where he thinks the ball rolled to...reaches down and doesn't find the ball...but finds a child's head) dismembered and his body boiled.

Without embellishing the 1902 Lambeth affair...it seems similar to the Black Dahlia murder ( to me ), yet doesn't seem to have fazed anyone.

Good point about the effort to destroy any identification attempts and then display the remains. It doesn't seem to fit,does it, old bean ?
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
        X